About the Opportunity
Job Type: Permanent
The corporate portfolios delivery team is responsible for managing the technology for central business functions – CFO, CPO and GC. The portfolio consists of several enterprise capabilities such as ERP, HCM, ERM, etc. Each capability has a suite of applications to cater to the variety of different business functions such as Finance, Procurement, Treasury, HR, L&D, Risk Mgmt. etc. Being a cloud-first organisation, a lot of these are SaaS applications along with significant integration, data and reporting services provided to various consumers and departments across Fidelity. The core services provided include development/deployment of new capabilities for the business along with continuous enhancement of existing applications and providing production services.
Purpose of your role
As a Portfolio Architect supporting the CPO businesses, you will play a key role working with business leaders, Product Owners and Technology teams within Fidelity International on a number of programs, to facilitate and lead the definition of viable Technology platforms and solutions. You will have a particular alignment to Fidelity International’s CPO technology portfolio.
You’ll work alongside the business and the technology teams and will utilise your experience of working within HCM domain such as core HR, Compensation & Benefits, Payroll, L&D, etc. and other systems/technologies along with knowledge of modular service design and cloud architectures, to design, define and deliver the end to end technology solution to service an increasingly global business proposition.
This is a challenging opportunity for senior HCM domain architect who have the ability to understand the business context, map it to the required capabilities and think through the implications of the chosen technology strategy to support the same. The candidate will be expected to interact with all levels of the business and technical community and face off to senior stakeholders in the organisation. The successful candidate will therefore be articulate and have strong facilitation skills to help take initiatives forward.
- Understand the functional needs of the business (CPO), advocate market best practices and augment the enterprise architecture principles to create a progressive technology roadmap.
- Analyse the current state, identify opportunities, critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Align portfolio roadmap with strategic initiatives within the enterprise such as cloud, data and api’s
- Manage and develop the architecture for a range of projects, working closely with domain architects that manage the architecture for a shared aspect of the architecture.
- Define necessary local principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise’s future-state architecture vision.
- Interact with other architects and other consultants to understand and review the technical solution and direction
- Work with solution architects and engineering leads in a global delivery model to ensure that low level designs are consistent with the specified architecture – be aggressive about tech debt identification and reduction
Lead & Communicate
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Work with project managers and leads to direct the governance activities associated with ensuring integration architecture assurance and compliance.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Working with the business unit or domain architect, analyse the technology industry, competitors, and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience of large-scale deployment of HCM applications with specific expertise towards Workday HCM implementation
- Understanding of the full employee life cycle and supporting systems such as payroll, talent management, learning and development systems
- Familiarity with software architecture (e.g. Zachman, TOGAF) and software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, DSDM, RUP, Waterfall)
- Understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Should be able to provide technical design and architecture independently for business solutions
- Experience with cloud architecture, design principles, micro-services
- Excellent interpersonal skills – including leadership, teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent planning and organizational skills – able to work at a strategic and tactical level
- Initiative in keeping abreast of changing industry practices, analysis and design methods, tools and techniques and emerging technologies.