Join Our Team!
We have a great team of friendly, talented and inspiring people at First United. As a learning organization, we take pride in offering exciting opportunities for employees to grow and follow their passions. That’s one of the many reasons First United has been voted as one of the top places to work in Oklahoma since 2009! Browse this page to find out more about the First United culture and the many benefits of working here. Then, use our “Get Started” section to take your first step to being a part of First United.
Director of Compensation and HRIS
The Director of Compensation and HR Information Systems will serve as an organizational leader responsible for the design of First United’s compensation philosophy, policies, and programs in support the Bank’s rapidly growing employee base. In addition, the role will oversee the development, installation, testing, and modification of HRIS systems. This position will require a hands-on leader that is able to leverage their deep understanding of scaling compensation programs and practices to conceptualize successful strategy while driving the execution of organizational goals. Will lead efforts to ensure optimization of technology platforms within Human Resources. This position requires an ability to think strategically about problems and possess skill in tactical execution.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Develops, owns, and evolves our Compensation philosophy and programs, including both base and incentive compensation targeted at ensuring the Bank is in a competitive position within our markets while maximizing engagement and retention.
- Leads the design, implementation, and communication of short and long-term incentives aligned with business performance objectives. Conducts analysis and modeling to identify optimal plan design and monitors plan success.
- Participates in design of executive compensation programs if/when appropriate.
- Develop and partner with HR Leaders and Recruiters on market data needs an analysis related to the preparation of employment offers and salary adjustments.
- Defines and recommends a strategy for conducting job analyses and evaluations, as well as grading and pricing of jobs, ideally leveraging Workday and Payfactors to architect long-term/scalable solutions. Regularly evaluates roles to ensure proper FLSA classifications, grade assignments, and job family alignment.
- Provides daily subject matter expertise and compliance oversight of the organization’s salary administration process. Ensures accurate job descriptions are available for all positions.
- Maintains a good pulse on market data and drives Best in Class programs to ensure competitiveness in the marketplace.
- Partners with the Business Partner and Talent Acquisition Teams to advise and influence business leaders in compensation strategy, programs, and issues, including equity practices.
- Drives the framework that supports the annual merit and bonus programs. Leverages HRIS technology, Workday, to integrate best practices and processes.
- Measures the effectiveness of programs to ensure organizational objectives are being met.
- Develops analytics, metrics, and dashboards around rewards programs and other key people areas to influence program direction and monitor business impact and effectiveness.
- Oversees the development, installation, testing, and modification of HRIS system.
- Assesses organizational needs and current HRIS systems, evaluates existing and potential vendors, and selects and oversees development and implementation of improvements or new systems.
- Partners and collaborates with executive leadership and senior leaders to determine how to best implement enterprise and area specific strategies that are supportive of the area’s strategic goals, drive engagement, and link to enterprise initiatives and priorities.
- Leads and directs the compensation and HRIS function and team.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures
- Complete all required compliance exams on an annual basis
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or related field is required.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
- Ten years of progressive and proven Compensation experience in a complex, multisite/state, growth-oriented business required. Experience in the analysis, design, and administration of compensation programs, including management of incentive programs.
- Five years of relevant experience leading a team.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Total compensation theory, job classification principles, and job evaluation methodology;
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. federal and state regulations around compensation practices;
- Experience in the collection, analysis, and determination of market salary and total compensation data;
- Experience with pay structure automation and online salary/merit administration and performance management process, Workday experience is preferred;
- Experience developing, implementing and integrating compensation strategies;
- Business-focused compensation leader with strong financial acumen, exceptional executive presence and a proven track record of delivering results;
- Change management methodologies;
- Customer service principles.
- Maintaining highest level of confidentiality with all matters;
- Demonstrating good judgment and strong attention to detail;
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects from conception to finish;
- Strong interpersonal/collaboration skills and ability to interact with all levels within the organization as well as external partners;
- Addressing difficult situations in a constructive manner;
- Building rapport with employees, managers, and various audiences;
- Excellent verbal, written, digital communication skills and presentation skills;
- Executive communication;
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Handle sensitive and confidential matters and situations;
- Influence others and articulate various point of views while crafting insightful narratives with data;
- Lead and develop a highly engaged team;
- Drive strategic direction;
- Work well under pressure and regularly re-prioritize tasks;
- Work effectively with internal leadership groups and lead through influence;
- Understand and follow broad and complex instructions.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please email us at [email protected] for assistance.