Every day, our teams innovate across the world of finance. We collaborate to work smarter, while making a difference. We believe in diversity and inclusivity, giving a voice to everyone on the team. And we celebrate our success together. If you want to make an impact in fintech, we’d like to know: Are you FIS?
What You Will Be Doing
As Business Analyst II, you’ll have your finger on the pulse of the BPS organization in translating business needs into functional specifications. Working with a diverse team, you’ll be responsible for developing, interpreting, and implementing operational concepts for financial planning and control.
- Formulate and define objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of business operations and industry expectations.
- Perform technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance of client needs.
- Gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for projected financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Meet with department managers to discuss and establish timelines and methodologies for completing budgets & prospective client support/business.
- Research and compile data to forecast and prepare operations, staffing, and financial planning for a division.
- Track revenue and expenses on a monthly basis, comparing actual to forecasted figures and make necessary adjustments.
- Perform economic and client research and studies in areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
- Prepare reports for management summarizing results of research, analysis and evaluation of any discrepancies.
- Collate and analyze data to determine market share vs. competitors.
- Provide guidance and cross-training to others.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field, or the equivalent combination of work experience, training, and education.
- Typically, at least 2 years professional experience in an business analyst, financial role, or similar discipline.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, accustomed to creating statistical reports and presentation decks for executive/senior leadership.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as well as company accounting policies, procedures and standards.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools.
- Analytical and statistical examination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish work to ensure critical deadlines are met.
Added Bonus If You Have
- Working knowledge of Workday, Visier, and/or similar ERP system for reporting.
- Exposure to corporate budgeting and workforce planning
What We Offer You
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It’s the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
#LI-BS1 #VIRTUAL #Virtus
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.