US FL JAX 347
As the world works and lives faster, FIS is leading the way. Our fintech solutions touch nearly every market, company and person on the planet. Our teams are inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues work together and celebrate together. If you want to advance the world of fintech, we’d like to ask you: Are you FIS?
About the role:
The Operational Workforce Planning Manager is part of a Strategic Workforce Planning function within the Workforce Transformation organization of the People Office. This role works with a team of workforce planning practitioners and thought leaders, Organization Design experts, and other key partners across various HR, Finance, and Business functions to develop and manage both near-term operational and long-range strategic workforce plans which help equip enterprise leaders with the talent needed to execute on their key business objectives and strategic imperatives.
What you will be doing?
This role will initially focus 100% on the Position Management and Adaptive Planning project, ensuring we have thoroughly prepared key partners and end users to leverage new tools and processes to conduct best-in-class operational workforce planning. Working closely with our internal and external partners, this person will help us bring the entire enterprise online—function by function—and introduce sustainable planning and governance processes.
The role will evolve to incorporate leadership responsibilities, most notably teaching and leading junior workforce planning practitioners. On an ongoing basis, this leader will be the main point of contact for driving improvements and consistency in the ongoing (monthly/quarterly) and annual planning/budget processes (from a workforce planning perspective). They will also be a crucial partner for our enabling functions—Talent Acquisition, Global Learning and Skills Solutions, Talent and Career, Corporate Real Estate, etc.—and will be tasked with ensuring connectivity between workforce action plans and those critical functions.
- Support Workforce Planning technology roadmap; participate in requirements gathering, building, testing, and implementation for WFP technology initiatives (e.g., Workday Position Management and Adaptive Planning, Strategic Workforce Planning, Skills of the Future platforms/tools).
- Support the Workforce Planning component of our annual planning process in conjunction with Finance, Business leads, and HRBPs. Partner to conduct supply and demand analysis, business scenario planning, and forecasting. Regularly assess workforce planning models/projections to identify opportunities to improve accuracy of forecasts and dependent action plans.
- Enhance and maintain the Workforce Planning Toolkit with reference information, templates, examples, and other tools for workforce planning practitioners, HRBPs and key partners.
- Equip and support HRBPs to deliver WFP by developing communications, resources, and tools. Support communications and change management efforts such as building presentations explaining the workforce planning process for various audiences, including outside HR
- Building workforce plans with key partners across different business lines that allow us to provide exceptional, contextualized insights to our hiring needs and plans.
What you will need:
- A passionate Workforce Planning practitioner and evangelist
- 4+ years of experience in workforce planning/analysis
- 4+ years of experience in HR systems and HR analytics
- Workday Adaptive Planning (formerly Adaptive Insights) or similar workforce planning platform experience
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Very strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very strong communication and persuasion skills
- Understanding of Job Management and Position Management Staffing Models and prior experience conducting workforce planning in a Position Management configuration.
- Experience building analytical models from multiple sources of data, dimensions, and perspectives (supply, demand, internal, external)
- Leverages deep knowledge of workforce planning methodologies, data sources, and best practices.
- Teaching others new processes, methodologies
- Ability to manage projects with stakeholders across multiple functions or businesses
- Data analytics and visualization experience
- Experience executing and delivering large operational projects and continual process improvement involving multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Communication skills and experience explaining technical issues to different audiences.
- Solid initiative, driven self-starter; able to work independently and manage results.
Added bonus if you have:
- Visier or similar People Analytics platforms
- Change Management and/or consulting
- Statistics/statistical modelling, capacity planning
- Location Strategy
- Lead or management responsibilities; oversight for small team of workforce planning practitioners.
- Prior role at large-scale, global company with complex business units and corporate functions, including mix of matrixed and functionalized resources.
- Other Workday Products/Modules (Core HCM, Recruiting, LMS)
What we offer you:
At FIS, you can learn, grow and make an impact in your career. Our benefits include:
- Flexible and creative work environment
- Diverse and collaborative atmosphere
- Professional and personal development resources
- Opportunities to volunteer and support charities
- Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.