US FL JAX 601
Every day, our teams innovate across the world of finance. We collaborate to work smarter, while making a difference. We believe in diversity and inclusivity, giving a voice to everyone on the team. And we celebrate our success together. If you want to make an impact in fintech, we’d like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role
This dynamic role within the FIS People Office Systems Team will focus on the critical need of moving data in and out of our Workday People Office ERP system. You will initially shadow members of the team, learning how to handle, message, harmonize, and load data into Workday and potentially other systems. Assisting with Workday reports and integration development are areas of potential growth. Skills essential to succeeding in this role include having strong analytical skills, logical and critical thinking, attention to detail, desire to learn and win as one team, risk mitigation and quality driven just to name a few. Calling apis and data base or data modeling experience is a requirement for this role.
What you will be doing
• Analyzes user requirements to determine ERP system configuration and/or customization, evaluates business need for system customizations, conducts appropriate cost/benefit analysis and produces technical designs for identified customizations.
• Analyzes systems specifications and uses the latest analysis tools to represent business/technical processes in a system solution.
• Builds queries, programs and reports to support business needs.
• Codes individual modules and functions as identified through technical design, develops conversion and implementation plans and ensures successful implementation of ERP system changes, monitoring changes for increased efficiency.
• Takes proactive measures to ensure optimal application and system performance and works with ERP Systems Architect to address any performance issues.
• Writes and executes thorough technical and functional test plans to ensure ERP system changes are working properly including the use of batch scripts, online processes, databases or interface files.
• Installs new application solutions, changes or enhancements made to ERP modules or system as a whole using Release Management tools and/or processes.
• Ensures migrated changes are properly implemented and available to users.
• Coordinates with ERP Business analysts and/or other internal professionals to define detailed requirements, analyze business needs and validate solutions with clients and translate into configuration and/or customization technical design.
• Through research and knowledge of ERP systems and applications, determines most effective technical approach to define and resolve identified problem(s) with assistance and minimal client impact.
• Provides new and innovative alternative solutions to ERP system and application challenges.
What you bring
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• Good understanding of ERP system customization and use of recognized best practices
• Working knowledge of business process flows in an ERP system
• Requires experience in full life cycle development with an emphasis on incremental, iterative development and deployment
• In-depth knowledge of ERP system development tools and languages is required, as well as an in-depth knowledge of ERP system configuration and security
• Strong analytical, statistical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
• Ability to solve problems using learned techniques and tools
• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
What we offer you
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It’s the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
• A voice in the future of fintech
• Always-on learning and development
• Collaborative work environment
• Opportunities to give back
• Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.