The Director of HRIS and HR Operations oversees the day-to-day operations of Workday’s technology platform to strategize, prioritize and execute Workday initiatives to improve current functionality, build new capabilities, and to automate HR operational processes.
Please note that you are required to be in the office Monday to Thursday and remotely on Friday.
This position functions as the lead subject matter expert and super user on all facets and applications of Workday and has deep working knowledge and technical expertise with Workday HCM, Absence Management, Compensation, Performance and Talent Management, Payroll, and Recruiting. Works heavily on Workday business process configurations, reporting and dashboards development, and forward-looking strategies.
This Director role will lead and mentor others on the Workday HRIS/HR Operations team. This is an in-office position (4 days office/1 day remote).
- Manages the Workday (HCM) technology platform and supports day-to-day HR technical operations.
- Provide scope, scale and design of detailed technology solutions for specific HR business needs.
- Deploy configuration changes. Successfully test, implement, and transition new Workday applications, configurations, and solutions to production.
- Manage and execute the daily workflow for the HR Operations team, ensuring quality of work and timely completion of HRIS related assignments and initiatives.
- Serve as Human Resources process improvement advocate.
- Support Workday technology upgrades – assessing impact of new Workday features, coordinating rollout with project teams and business leaders.
- Work collaboratively with IT HCM counterparts on understanding security roles, integrations and other shared systems within Floor and Decor.
- Proactively direct projects, project risks/issues and implement effective mitigation plans.
- Complete Workday projects and achieve results in a fast-paced work environment.
- Responsible for HR Reporting and dashboard development
- Effectively communicate and manage Workday project stakeholders across multiple levels of the organization. Communicate status and key information to both management and internal customers.
- Advise and support Human Resources Team on technical issues relating to Workday HRIS database and reporting.
- Act as liaison and subject matter expert between HR, IT-HCM, Finance, Legal and other Floor and Decor stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness knowledge of current trends in HR technology and HR regulations.
- Serve as mentor to assist with team development.
Required Experience and Skills
- Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent skills and knowledge required.
- 8-10 years of solid HRIS Workday technical experience. Must have extensive experience and hands-on working knowledge related to Workday, system design, calculated fields, complex configurations, business processes, dashboard development. Strong reporting and dashboard skills is required.
- Additional extensive working knowledge of Workday: HCM, Recruitment, Compensation, Performance Management, Recruiting and Payroll.
- Management experience is a must.
- Strong understanding of broad Human Resource systems and data flow.
- Demonstrated project management skills (JIRA) and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines and team standards.
- Able to recommend, persuade and make decisions, while balancing business requirements, internal project timelines and technology roadmaps. Embrace innovation by seeking new or contrary ideas/approaches to what has been done in the past.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with both technical and functional users.
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office applications is a must – especially in Excel and JIRA.
Benefits & Rewards
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other category protected by law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.