The Benefits Analyst reports to the Director, Benefits and Absence Management and is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, auditing and reconciling benefits, leave, and retirement programs — including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, Leave of Absence, 401(k) and other programs. This position is responsible for interacting with internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization, including current and former employees, beneficiaries, dependents, finance, accounting, risk, HR, legal, payroll and operations team members.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
To be successful in the role, the Benefits Analyst will need to be a problem solver, an independent researcher and possess excellent technical, analytical, organizational and customer service skills. Additional duties will include various project assignments, auditing and reconciling invoices and data files, and supporting year-round/end of year processing across benefits, leave administration and 401(k). Other requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with benefits and 401(k) administration.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and mathematical proficiency with the ability to interpret, extract, and compile data from various sources.
- Exceptional attention to detail and critical thinking/problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent customer service skills along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft (specifically Excel), Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Workday experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Handles all 401(k) and benefits invoicing and funding, calculations and routine reconciliations with accuracy and in collaboration with payroll and external vendors.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from current/former associates and external vendors on plan provisions, enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Partners with team members to build and document workflows and procedures for benefits programs.
- Develops and manages benefits calendar, including open enrollment, training sessions, educational campaigns, events, and Health Fairs (virtual or in person).
- Serves as main liaison to HR IT counterparts. Executes user acceptance testing for all initiatives, changes, process improvements, etc.
- Based on metrics and analysis, makes recommendations for policies and activities to improve existing metrics including changes to benefits, leave, and retirement plan offerings.
- Collaborates with payroll to ensure 401(k) deductions and benefits are reconciled and accurate.
- Performs regular financial reviews of benefit carrier billing to ensure accuracy of invoices and enrollment compared to change files, vendor systems, inputs and payroll.
- Manages vendor relationships and analyzes vendor file feeds to resolve issues and ensure timeliness of standard processes.
- Supports internal and external audits of benefits programs.
- Maintains standard operating procedures and updates process documentation.
Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 – 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Note: Floor & Decor considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or familial status, veteran status, or based on any other class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Floor & Decor also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer at its sole discretion.
Benefits & Rewards
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
Corporate Discount Programs
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.