Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence.
For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs.
The Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic’s faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Administrative Coordinator, College of Medicine Office of the Dean, Boca Raton, FL.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Provide administrative assistance for the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine (COM) Office of the Dean: greet visitors, manage the reception area at the Dean’s office, answer the Office’s main phone line, resolve or redirect outside stakeholder’s inquiries, and manage and ensure phone and office coverage.
- Provide administrative support to the Dean: manage the daily calendar; compose and distribute various College announcements; develop and maintain reports; organize and facilitate documents requiring the Dean’s signature; plan, schedule and organize travel arrangements and process travel authorization and reimbursement requests; order food service/catering. Assist with logistics for college and university leadership position searches, as needed. Assist with some event planning and organizing.
- Serve as the liaison to faculty supervisors, chairs, external and internal legal counsel, International Students and Scholar Services and HR with regard to immigration matters for faculty and staff appointments: process J-1 and H-1B visas, gather data, complete forms and prepare correspondence. Conduct background research, analyze data and resolve problems. Ensure consistent interpretation and application of U.S. Immigration regulations and University policies.
- Provide some administrative assistance to the Senior Associate Dean for Administration, including but not limited to: calendar assistance, coordinate meetings, prepare agendas, take meeting notes, follow-up on action items, organize travel arrangements, and process travel authorizations and reimbursement requests.
- Handle direct inquiries from outside stakeholder’s inquiries, constituents within the College, and from other areas within the University. Investigate and resolve problems and ensure that questions are handled in a professional and timely manner. Respond to general information requests from the Provost’s Office: conduct research, resolve issues and ensure established deadlines are met.
- Administer, organize, schedule, and provide logistical support for meetings, group visits and luncheons for the College. Prepare agendas and meeting materials. As directed by the Dean or the Senior Assistant to the Dean and Senior Administrative Coordinator, attend meetings as the Assistant to the Dean and ensure that action and follow-up items are completed.
- Work closely with the Senior Assistant to the Dean and Senior Administrative Coordinator to review and verify faculty evaluations for proper signatures, completion of progress towards promotion forms, etc. prior to the Dean’s signature. Coordinate with departments to ensure the completion of the Provost Office Annual Evaluation Rating Spreadsheet for faculty.
- Liaise with Dean’s Office units to respond to information requests from Human Resources, i.e., employee service awards data requests, assist with the distribution of employee service award gift, etc.
- Serve as the Office of the Dean’s primary HR Partner for OPS, Student appointments, and other appointments as assigned. Initiate and track business processes in Workday, FAU’s Human Capital Management program. Liaise with COM Finance for the processing of annual stipend payments for the Dean’s direct reports. Serve as the primary timekeeper for the Office of the Dean and as backup timekeeper for the College of Medicine, as needed.
- Provide backup assistance to the Office of the Dean and serve as primary backup to the Senior Assistant to the Dean and Senior Administrative Coordinator. Liaise with COM departments to maintain the College’s Emergency Phone Tree.
- As requested, manage room reservations for the College. Liaise with the Senior Assistant to the Dean and Senior Administrative Coordinator to manage all purchasing requests for the Dean’s Office. Maintain Dean’s Office VERASMART forms related to telecommunications.
- Assist with the management of multiple and complex special projects. Establish priorities, identify action items, conduct background research, and analyze data.
- Develop and distribute various reports as needed.
- Maintain an office procedure manual and perform other related duties as assigned.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience required.
A master’s degree is preferred.
Experience in a higher education institution, medical school, or hospital highly preferred. Experience with or knowledge of Workday is also preferred.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively, plan and organize work efficiently and accurately, communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all levels and maintain a high level of confidentiality is required.
The ability to work under considerable pressure, to adjust to constant change and manage multiple relationships and priorities along with a high level of professionalism and dependability is required.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential for success in this position.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel required.
Exceptional customer service, organizational and time management skills required.
College or Department:
College of Medicine
Work Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. -5 p.m., including some evenings and weekends as needed.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.