The Analytics Analyst analyzes business processes and data to provide business insight. Designs, develops, and maintains data models for reporting and analyzing complex statistical data. Partners with stakeholders to determine data requirements and outcomes based on strategic initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Partners with stakeholders to determine data requirements and outcomes based on strategic objectives.
- Designs, develops, and maintains data models for reporting and analyzing complex statistical data in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reports and to support data driven decision making.
- Develops standardized templates, policies, and procedures for reporting.
- Collects, manages, and cleans datasets. Identifies problems with reports or datasets.
- Analyzes data quantitatively and qualitatively, identifies root causes of problems with reports or data sets, communicates findings, and collaborates on data quality.
- Develops, documents, and maintains processes, procedures, and data collection instruments for institutional data quality and integrity.
- Creates, maintains, and updates complex reports, accreditation documents, and assessment efforts through the support of data analysis.
- Utilizes specified statistical software to analyze and interpret data.
- Reviews progress, evaluates results, recommends new processes, and promotes best practices
- Collaborates with other institutional departments to create and enforce data standards, definitions, coding and reporting practices
- Develops new techniques and procedures to enhance university analytics process.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Four years of professional full-time experience in an information technology field.
Experience with administration, architectural design, development, and support of reporting systems and applications like Oracle Warehouse Builder, Dell Boomi Integrations, SQL Server Integration Services, Cognos, Crystal Reports, Workday Reports or related reporting software packages.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience with Banner, Workday, or other Student Information System database reporting and development.
Proficient in SQL and/or Oracle PL/SQL.
Experience in systems analysis and design experience.
Experience working in higher education.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of database architecture and data modeling.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Skill in mapping, analyzing and re-engineering business processes in an organization of considerable size, complexity with diverse customer needs.
Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Ability to compile, organize, interpret, and communicate data and results in a concise format.
Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a diverse community and willing to contribute to a team effort.
Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments.
Salary Range: $75,000 – $79,104 annually