The Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions is responsible for prospect-generating and recruitment initiatives for graduate program admissions. Assists with management of the application process, collection of application materials, and evaluation of student credentials and student records processing.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements marketing and recruitment strategies to increase enrollment in graduate programs.
- Plans and coordinates logistics of special events for prospective students.
- Collaborates with Colleges and graduate programs on recruitment and yield efforts.
- Provides training and support on graduate admissions policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Participates in the strategic planning for graduate admissions, developing and implementing policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Researches and resolves complex issues related to graduate admissions.
- Functions as second in line as contact for special projects and initiatives.
- Assists with the review and maintenance of enrollment websites.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Two years of professional full-time experience in graduate admissions recruitment and/or processing
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, and Outlook).
- Four years of demonstrated success with graduate student recruitment initiatives.
- Experience supervising the work of a motivated, customer centered team.
- Experience with Workday Student.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, statutes, regulations, codes, and standards related to the area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of FERPA.
- Knowledge of student systems such as Banner and Workday.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups, including students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
- Ability and skill in data analysis and metrics.
- Ability to understand, interpret, apply, and explain personnel policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage and coordinate assignments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing information, guidance and motivation.
Pay Grade: 16