The Employment Support Specialist ensures effective oversight and support of on-campus employment procedures through analysis and collaboration. Responsible for initiating and accurately completing a high volume of employment transactions. Provides technical and administrative support by engaging with university partners and employees. Works with managers and business partners from various departments to streamline employment processes and ensure best practices are followed for accurate outcomes.
FGCU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity and Access Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, veteran status, and any other protected class(es), as required by applicable state and federal law, as well as University regulations and policies.
Typical duties include but not limited to:
- Initiates and completes a high volume of employment transactions on behalf of hiring managers. Evaluates incoming employment information against best practices.
- Ensures employment processes are completed accurately and in a timely manner. Works with hiring manager to resolve issues.
- Collaborates with University hiring managers to navigate and complete employment processes for student, adjunct, and other OPS temporary on-campus hiring and employment activities.
- Initiates hiring processes requiring collaboration with third-party vendors, including out-of-state and contingent workers.
- Provides consultation and assistance to hiring managers and employees on hiring policies and procedures.
- Provides technical assistance and user support on Workday business processes.
- Assists with the development and implementation of audit tools to ensure accurate and current data in Workday.
- Monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of Workday business processes related to employment and hiring. Continuously seeks opportunities for increased efficiency and makes appropriate recommendations for process improvements.
- Assists in representing the University at on-campus or off-campus career fairs and other networking events as needed.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Four years of relevant full-time experience
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Work experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience using Workday Recruiting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply human resources principles, concepts, and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with staff, faculty, and students in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, draw valid conclusions, and/or develop appropriate alternatives where applicable.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes an equitable environment.