The Grants and Research Compliance Coordinator II coordinates grant and compliance activities over the complete lifecycle of the process.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties include may but are not limited to:
- Maintains pre-award and post-award activities and assists faculty and staff in preparing and developing grant application package.
- Prepares the documentation that is required for research grant proposals and awards. This includes development of grant budgets and knowledge of and compliance with sponsor and University regulations and requirements.
- Drafts agreements based on approved templates.
- Maintains an electronic resource base of materials that can be accessed as needed for inclusion in grants (as required by funding agencies).
- Electronically submits proposals to external funding agencies using both sponsor-provided electronic proposal submission systems and the University’s ERA system.
- Screens submitted applications and monitors status of proposals throughout the external review process.
- Prepares subcontracts including preparing scope of work statements, budgets and obtaining the requisite approvals from all sub-awardee institutions.
- Assists in managing post-award grant-related activities including financial reconciliation.
- Develops electronic forms for pre and post-award operations.
- Provides training to PIs, faculty, staff, students, and external collaborators on grant related activities and compliance.
- Manage research compliance for committees (Institutional Review Board-IRB, Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee-IACUC, export controls, conflict of interest, Institutional Safety)
- Compiles research data to produce reports upon request.
- Researches and identifies grant making organizations and other external support sources.
- Assists with preparing and developing grant application packages.
- Performs award negotiation and routing for approval signatures.
- Prepares grant accounting reports and invoices as needed.
- Performs post award grant accounting and account reconciliation on awards.
- Assists with compliance.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Four years of professional full-time experience in pre-award and post-award contract/grant experience.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Master’s degree from and accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Experience with all aspects of grant management or compliance in an academic environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Access and web-based databases.
- Experience managing research compliance and working with research compliance committees.
- Experience with Workday or similar financial software.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and guidelines established by professional organizations and/or governing agencies.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with a comfort level with legal documents and budgets.
- Knowledge of research compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures consistently.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Salary Pay Grade: 17