The Program Assistant supports the general office functions and administrative support functions of the Honors College and the Office of Competitive Fellowships.
FGCU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity and Access Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, veteran status, and any other protected class(es), as required by applicable state and federal law, as well as University regulations and policies.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a public contact for the Honors College and the Office of Competitive Fellowships, and answers inquiries by e-mail, mail, telephone, and in person.
- Responds to routine and moderately complex questions or issues regarding policies, procedures, and processes and ensures compliance at the unit level.
- Assists with processing Honors College student applications and provides administrative support for admission interviews during admission cycles.
- Provides administrative support to search committees and panels.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, makes reservations, and processes reimbursements.
- Prepares, reviews, and performs input of human resources documents and data.
- Maintains and updates lists, prepares mailings, and performs data entry. Tracks alumni information.
- Provides administrative support for Honors College Thesis Defense weeks.
- Drafts documents, correspondence, spreadsheets, contracts and reports, including special reports as requested.
- Assists with preparation of newsletters and promotional materials.
- Creates or maintains unit filing systems or workflows.
- Collects, files, and maintains syllabi for standalone Honors College courses.
- Maintains office supply inventory, interacts with vendors, or serves as unit contact for space, equipment or facility issues.
- Updates web pages.
- Compiles fiscal information, processes fees or expenditures, and assists fiscal reporting.
- May assist in arranging or supporting events.
- Compiles information concerning the transactional processing of fees or expenditures; tracks accounts for fiscal reporting.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Coordinates Honors Contract and Honors Embedded Course workflow.
- Takes minutes at Honors Executive Board meetings.
Additional Job Description
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of relevant full-time general office experience.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Work experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience with Workday
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to operate office equipment including personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, and calculator.
- Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and environments.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and accurately.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes an equitable environment.
Pay Grade: 12