FHSU Main Campus (Hays, Kansas)
Job Posting Title
Financial Aid Specialist (Temporary)
This position is on a temporary short-term contract, generally responsible for providing assistance with the implementation of the Workday Financial Aid module. Knowledge and experience administering all types of student financial aid programs including federal, state, institutional, and FHSU Foundation funds is preferred but not required. This position is under the general supervision of the Director of Financial Assistance.
- Assist with testing of financial aid processes in the Workday software system.
- Create job aides to assist with the implementation of Workday for both staff and students.
- Assist students in completing financial aid requirements to determine eligibility and acceptance of financial aid offer.
- Support staff with projects to allow them time to develop the Workday Financial Aid module, including assistance with fund reconciliation, document review, eligibility review and others as assigned by the Director.
- Administer summer application process and awarding of federal aid.
- Assist in the data conversion and validation from Campus Logic to Perceptive Content.
- Review, refine, develop and implement financial aid policies and procedures.
- Consult with the Director and carry out duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Detail-oriented and accurate with the ability to work within a highly technical computing environment.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Application Deadline: Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Salary: $15.75/ hour
Benefits: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
Application Process: To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Chantelle Arnold
Email: [email protected]
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately 20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking, running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60 restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming, low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who call “Hays, America” home.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.