Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts have been ranked FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work for, every year since 1998…come and find out why. Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla is seeking an Assistant Director of People & Culture with experience delivering exceptional service. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees; people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
Join a diverse and talented team on the oasis of Anguilla
Be a part of a Four Seasons’ newest addition, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla. A self-governing territory of the United Kingdom, Anguilla is rich in history and island culture. Located in the beautiful islands of the Caribbean, Anguilla preserves its natural beauty and tranquility, and is framed with endless white sand beaches, turquoise water and is a product that speaks for itself. Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla offer secluded luxury amid a high-end atmosphere. Our well-traveled and discerning guests enjoy access to world-class dining, a luxurious spa with locally inspired treatments, and stylish pools with panoramic oceans views. Signature cocktails, distinguished wines, elegant food and a relaxing Caribbean Island vibe create the ultimate experience.
Our Ideal Assistant Director of People & Culture Candidate
The Assistant Director of People & Culture reports to the Director of People & Culture and assists with carrying out the responsibilities for the operations of the People & Culture Division and, provides HR support to hotel management. This includes benefits administration, employee relations, talent management and retention, training, workers’ compensation and legal matters related to hotel employees.
We are looking for individuals who are strategic, have strong business acumen, good communication and interpersonal skills and are able to evidence professionalism and adaptability. Individuals also need to be a catalyst for change and an employee champion.
Occasional travel may be required to other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts for training and development purposes. We encourage and expect all of our employees to behave consistently in a manner which demonstrates:
• Commitment to supportive teamwork and open communication
• Responsibility for ongoing enhancement of their skills and performance
• Recognition of personal accountability for their own actions and the outcomes of those actions
• An understanding of the effect of their behavior on our guests, their fellow employees and the reputation of the Company
1. Act as an objective third party in employee counseling, problem solving or conflict resolution and communicate to Director of People & Culture any circumstances that may raise legal issues or liabilities for the hotel.
2. Identify, analyze and initiate appropriate actions to resolve any unsatisfactory pattern of employee turnover.
3. Assist with managing the financial aspects for the HR budget including benefits, labor & salary reports and plan cost effective events within the HR budget guidelines.
4. Conduct regular audits of insurance records, immigration and labour records, vacation and sick allowances.
5. Maintain employment files and other records personally and through delegation in the HRIS
6. Comply with and enforce Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
7. Work harmoniously and professionally with colleagues and supervisors while maintaining the confidentiality of the People & Culture Department.
8. Administer and train employees on behalf of People & Culture including but not limited to FSITP, benefits, core and culture standards.
9. Organize and supervise all employee experience programs include holiday parties, career fairs, general meetings etc.
10. Respond to and attend any related hearings for all employee relations hearings
11. Actively support the Health and Safety Committee.
12. Ensure that the cafeteria, employee entrance and lockers rooms are clean and orderly.
13. Attend operational meetings where required
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Previous experience as a Human Resources Manager or above preferably with a Luxury Brand Resort.
• Verbal and written command of the English language (multi-lingual preferred plus)
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Strong working knowledge of the Workday HRIS
• Understanding of payroll applications, audits and processes in ADP.
• Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or hospitality business management a plus
These requirements are representative but not all inclusive of the knowledge, skill and ability required for the success of the Assistant Director of People & Culture with Four Seasons.
Why work for Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
• Competitive Salary & Wages
• Competitive Benefits
• PTO and Holiday Pay
• Excellent Training and Development opportunities
• Complimentary Accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
• Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms
• Complimentary Employee Meals
• Employee Recognition Programs
Must be authorized to work in Anguilla