Assistant Director of People and Culture – Full time
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is looking for an Assistant Director of People and Culture who shares our passion for excellence and is enthusiastic about creating the ultimate employee experience. The Assistant Director of People & Culture will oversee the day-to-day running of the People & Culture function. This position reports to the Regional Director of People & Culture. U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” rankings every year since 1998.
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is the Pacific Northwest’s only Forbes five-star rated hotel. Overlooking Elliott Bay and Puget Sound, our luxurious guestrooms are steps away from Pike Place Market, the Seattle Art Museum, and world-class shopping. In partnership with acclaimed Seattle chef Ethan Stowell, we are proud to showcase simply prepared Northwest food and drink in Goldfinch Tavern, our signature restaurant.
Key Elements of the Job
- Responsible for all aspects of the People and Culture operation.
- Partner with the hotel’s executive Planning Committee regarding people strategy.
- Provide leadership direction to the People & Culture Manager-in-Training
- Offer counsel to managers regarding how to handle difficult conversations and performance challenges with employees.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws in regulations, with specific emphasis on ordinances enforced by the City of Seattle Office of Labor Standards.
- Develop leadership and top talent growth pathways, and direct initiatives that focus on succession planning, diversity and inclusion.
- Build an effective learning system in coordination with the People and Culture, Planning Committee and leadership teams with an emphasis on leader development and maintaining Five Star status.
- Create a comprehensive annual divisional budget with an emphasis on recruiting, employee relations and learning and development.
- Champion a working environment consistent with those companies on the Fortune Magazine “100 Best Places to Work For” list.
- Engage with local professional organizations to maintain an understanding of possible changes to City and State labor laws.
- Manage the annual review of wages and salaries to ensure market-leading compensation and pay equity.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- At least 4-5 years of experience as a Human Resources generalist and 2 years as an Assistant Director
- Verbal and written command of the English language (multi-lingual preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of the Workday HRIS
- Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Experience operating in markets with heavy organized labor presence
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or hospitality business management; Master’s degree preferred
- SPHR or SHRM-CP certification strongly preferred
What to Expect from Your Work Experience…You will
- Be part of a cohesive team with a singular focus on creating the best possible guest experience
- Have the ability to demonstrate your unique personality and service style while achieving the brand standards that make us Four Seasons
- Be encouraged to demonstrate your professional passion
- Have career growth opportunities both within Four Seasons Hotel Seattle and worldwide with our company
- Be rewarded with market-leading pay and a comprehensive benefit plan
- Get to experience other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts through the complimentary room nights program
- Receive a complimentary meal when at work in our employee restaurant
Learn more about our property and what it is like to work at Four Seasons by visiting:
We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ‘EEOC is The Law’ Information poster please visit this website – https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf