Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
The WTXF Director of Finance is responsible for managing the Station’s day-to-day Accounting and Financial Reporting function. The Director of Finance reports to the VP of Finance and manages a staff of two (Credit/Collections Manager & Accountant). This position partners with all Station Department Heads to ensure operational activities are accurately budgeted, forecasted, accounted for, and reported in the Stations financials. This role also serves as a primary liaison with Division Finance leadership, working on Division-specific reporting and other initiatives. As such, the Director of Finance must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational, timeline-management and communication skills with the ability to anticipate roadblocks and troubleshoot issues creatively and quickly.
- Responsible for managing day-to-day Finance / Accounting activities (including Revenue, Procurement, AP, Capital, General Accounting, and Financial Reporting functions)
- Partner with Station departmental leadership to maintain accurate revenue / expense forecasts and resolve operational finance questions / issues timely
- Lead accurate and timely monthly close activities, including Station and Division analytical reviews (e.g., journal entry posting, variance analyses, Divisional reporting packages and balance sheet reconciliations)
- Actively participate in Station financial planning and annual budget preparation and presentation
- Partner with departmental leadership to accurately budget, account for and track all Station capital assets
- Serve as primary point of contact for all Station audit requests (both internal / external audit), including annual SOX Self-Assessment process
- Partner with Sales to perform ad-hoc financial analyses for new, original Station programming (both current and future-state)
- Manage execution of annual / ad-hoc data requests from FOX Corp (e.g., tax package for Corp Tax team, insurance renewal for Risk Management team, etc.)
- Attend and participate in Station departmental meetings (e.g. News, Promotions, Sales) as necessary
- Assist in identifying and presenting opportunities for cost / process efficiencies to GM and Station leadership; actively assist in implementing changes identified
- Actively manage, develop and motivate team members; hold staff accountable to execution standards & timelines
- Serve as Station’s subject matter expert for recently-implemented back office / financial platforms (Workday, COUPA, etc.); share subject matter expertise with colleagues across the Station
- Play integral role in implementing new FOX systems / processes as needed
- Perform other ad-hoc duties and participate in other special projects as may be deemed necessary
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum BA in Accounting; thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience in similar capacity
- Familiarity with Broadcasting/Cable operations desired
- CPA preferred
- Detail-oriented with proven record of dependability and accuracy
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong critical thinking, resourceful issue resolution, and creative problem-solving skills
- Well organized, proactive and methodical in task execution & troubleshooting
- Maintain professional & positive attitude, and foster team-oriented culture
- Innovative leadership and strong personnel/timeline management skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written); ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships as well as decipher proper escalation timing/path
- Strong ability to work with, organize and present large amounts of data in Excel and other Microsoft Office formats
- Flexibility and agility in a fast-paced / dynamic work environment
Preferred Technical Experience:
- Microsoft Windows 10; MS Office 2016 (proficient in Excel)
- Workday Financials
- A3 Financial Modeling
- Wide Orbit Traffic & Programming
- JD Edwards
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please send an email to [email protected] or call (215) 982-5215 or visit our readily accessible station located at 330 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, and a member of our recruiting team will assist you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.