Los Angeles, California, USA
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL’s America’s Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
FOX Sports is seeking a Human Resources Director to join their team in Los Angeles, CA. This role will directly support the FOX Sports employee population. This position will drive the development and day-to-day execution of the Human Resource team while driving HR strategies for the Company. The Human Resources Director is viewed as a leader and expert in functional areas of Human Resources with an emphasis on performance management, employee relations, and organizational development. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally detail-oriented, resourceful, collaborative, and have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with leadership to understand and help push the organization's business goals and talent strategy forward
- Provide proactive and strategic guidance and support for organizational planning, development, and talent initiatives
- Provide recommendations and collaborate with Labor Relations and Employment Legal on solutions, investigatory outcomes, and/or formal disciplinary action
- Plan, develop, and implement core HR programs, policies, processes, etc. to support the organization's culture and strategic needs
- Provide daily HR partnership to primarily production-based employees in dealing with employee relations issues, performance management, ad hoc reporting, and compliance with HR policies and procedures for represented and non-represented staff
- Partner with Business Operations team to conceptualize and execute initiatives, programs, events, etc. to drive engagement and retention
- Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity & inclusion in talent attraction, development, and retention
- Create an environment of trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, and balancing business needs with employee needs
- Support management by providing general HR advice, counsel, and consultation
- Some travel to production locations
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field
- 10+ years of Human Resource management experience
- 5+ years of experience managing others
- HR business partner experience, preferably in a fast-paced and nimble organization
- Experience with Workday and other HR systems
- Strong knowledge of state and federal employment practices, policies, legal & EEOC guidelines, as well as compensation, wage and hour, benefits administration, etc.
- Exceptional client relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with leaders
- Positive reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization
- Ability to function well in ambiguous situations and unstructured environments
- Business savvy and demonstrate a strategic focus
- Possess a sense of urgency and confidentiality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Experience with Unions and Sports industry experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $118,000.00-158,000.00 annually for California. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.