Los Angeles, California, USA
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News Media, FOX Sports, FOX Entertainment, FOX Television Stations and Tubi Media Group. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The Manager, Accounting and Finance Operations is an integral member of the Finance team supporting the Fox Digital & Technology organization. This role is responsible for managing the integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness of the P&L for monthly and quarterly close cycles. In addition, this role acts as the principal liaison between operational leads and suppliers relating to all purchasing and invoicing activity. This role also manages the complete Procure-To-Pay process, collaborating and coordinating with cross-functional teams to ensure all required documentation and processes are in place. The Manger oversees a team of two, uses independent judgment in resolving issues, works independently, and strives to complete prescribed tasks timely from the qualitative and quantitative perspective without constant supervision. Additionally, from time to time, this role will support and collaborate with the FP&A team in the preparation of budgets and forecasts as needed. This role reports directly to the Executive Director, Accounting & Financial Reporting
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Month-End Close/General Accounting
- Manage monthly and quarterly cyclical closings for Operating Divisional area for third party provided goods and services, including proper codification and general ledger recording
- Detailed reporting, analyzing actual spending, and reviewing accrual journal entries to ensure all incurred third party costs are being captured accurately from both the P&L and Balance Sheet perspective and for performing periodic accrual validations
- Subject-matter expert; ability to explain, in concise detail the “hows and whys” of monthly spending results and provide analysis supporting bookings
- Liaise and partner with operational leads and planning team to answer operational expense inquiries and gather variance analysis explanations, where needed
- Perform monthly reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts for Prepaids and Vendor accruals including managing prepayment amortization
Principal Partner and Procure-to-Pay Process
- Manage the Procure-to-Pay Process including day-to-day vendor management and invoicing, including answering vendor inquiries, overseeing invoice processing, working closely with cross-functional teams to secure appropriate approvals, and resolving payment issues.
- Main point of contact with AP and responsible for facilitating the end-to-end process for onboarding and guiding new vendors through internal systems and processes, as well as continuity with existing vendors
- Oversee and ensure ongoing compliance with Purchase Order requirements to facilitate the accuracy of month-end close accruals
- Partner with cross-functional teams in interpreting, analyzing, and setting contracts for Purchase Order creation and invoice receipt
- Prepare ad hoc projects and identify opportunities for operational improvements
- Partner with the Planning and Analysis team during month-end and budget/forecast cycles
- Responsible for meeting prescribed deadlines by the General Accounting team and for maintaining personal month-end closing checklist
- Assist in preparing presentations and supporting materials for management
- Assist in supporting Internal and External Audit requests including ensuring proper compliance with identified “Key SOX Controls” and proper documentation of transactions and tracking status of requests
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or STEM field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting or similar role experience
- Knowledge of MS Outlook/Word/PowerPoint & especially Excel (Pivot Tables and be comfortable working with large amounts of data)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate with all levels of management
- Strong analytical thinking
- Fully understands accrual accounting and its implications and has a working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to understand the “whole picture” and reasoning behind the tasks that are performed
- Ability to work somewhat independently and be resourceful
- Ability to summarize data clearly and concisely while being able to articulate messaging to different stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while multitasking with attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent follow-up
- Strong sense of accountability, strive for excellence, have a “whatever it takes to get things done” mentality, and be results-oriented
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Workday Financials and Coupa experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $95,000.00-133,000.00 annually for California. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.