OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News Media, FOX Sports, FOX Entertainment, FOX Television Stations and Tubi Media Group. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The Manager is an integral member of the accounting team, supporting Fox Digital & Technology Bangalore organization and is responsible for the accuracy and consistency in the treatment of accounting transactions, ensures compliance with US GAAP, IGAAP, SOX and General Accounting Corporate policies and assists in providing expert guidance in accounting policy matters and requirements specific to Fox’s Bangalore India operations. The Manager will also be responsible for managing the monthly financial closings, review of Balance Sheet, inter-company reconciliations and ensure compliance with US Corporate requirements. This position is directly responsible for general accounting activities, including but not limited to:
- Full ownership of local and US financial books and records for Fox Bangalore.
- Direct oversight of 3rd party local outsourced accounting/bookkeeping provider Vistra.
- Responsible for managing Finance Operations activities, including coordination of invoice processing, GST/TDS tax documentation compliance and vendor liaison troubleshooting.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet analysis and related reconciliations, including flux analysis on balance movements from period to period.
- Ensure compliance documentation in support of statutory, tax and internal audit requirements and any regulatory filings that may be required locally in India.
The Manager will be required to use independent judgment in resolving issues, work independently and strive to complete prescribed tasks timely from the qualitative and quantitative perspective without constant supervision. Additionally, the Manager will also provide support to local operational and HR teams. This role reports directly to the Digital & Technology Vice President, Accounting & Financial Operations.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Perform detailed review of monthly financial package and ensure accuracy and completeness of actual results including labor & non-Labor accruals, inter-company transactions and ensure proper classification of expenses. Responsible for the accuracy of local currency and USD ledgers in Workday and reconciliation, documentation, and resolution of any differences.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot any issues with our local record keeper provider (Vistra) on any matters regarding Accounts Payable, General Accounting, Tax/Audit support and Payroll and ensure all required documentation and processes are place and working as they should.
- Principal liaison between Bangalore operational, HR leads and third-party suppliers relating to all local purchasing and invoicing activity.
- Manage the Procure-to-Pay Process including day-to-day vendor management and invoicing, including answering vendor inquiries, overseeing invoice processing, working closely with cross-functional teams securing appropriate approvals, and resolving payment issues with Vistra. Ensure invoices meet local tax requirements or proper tax invoice submission, work with vendors directly as needed.
- Monitor document flow with Vistra and ensure invoices are processed and paid timely. and ensure collection/exchange of required local tax documentation for services provided in Bangalore. Research, coordination and troubleshooting directly with third-party local vendors.
- Local POC with US based teams, including HR, Payroll, Legal Finance and Tax. Liaise and partner with local operational leads and US teams to answer and resolve inquiries. Ensure proper coordination among all the required teams.
- Coordinate and support annual Statutory and Tax Audits, including ensuring proper compliance with local requirements (compliance of financial statements with IGAAP and USGAAP), proper tracking of documentation/requests and close coordination with the external auditors, Vistra and US based teams as needed.
- Local Finance subject-matter expert; ability to understand and explain in concise detail the “how’s and why’s” in terms of local requirements for purposes of various periodic required filings, statutory and tax audit requirements. Ensure appropriate US team(s) are advised timely. Research accounting issues, prepare technical memos and policy documentation as needed.
- Monitor cash requirements and treasury needs.
What You Will Need:
Education / Experience:
Degree in Accounting or Finance. A minimum of 3 to 5 years accounting experience is preferred, 1+ years of working with US based companies, 1+ years of relevant experience in an accounting leadership role.
Language / Communication:
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate with all levels of management.
Mathematical / Reasoning Skills:
The ideal candidate should understand accounting functions and able to trace transactions to and from their point of origin. Ability to understand the “whole picture” and reasoning behind the tasks that are performed. Strong analytical thinking is required.
MS Outlook/Word & especially Excel; Workday Financial Suite
Other Skills & Abilities Required:
The ability to work somewhat independently and be resourceful is favored. The model candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while multitasking with attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow-up. Candidate must have a strong sense of accountability, strive for excellence, have “whatever it takes to get things done” mentality and be results oriented.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.