New York, New York, USA
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties; Reports to Directors of Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in month end close.
- Prepare all journal entries and maintain monthly file.
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts and prepare/update General Ledger Account Analyses.
- Manage and update all Prepaid and Accrual Sub-Ledger Accounts.
- Manage fixed assets and monthly depreciation.
- Manage program/film asset and liabilities and monthly amortization.
- Prepare monthly A/R report.
- Prepare quarterly Film and Fixed Asset reporting.
- Perform and maintain analysis on all trade agreements.
- Reconcile Daily Program Logs.
- Prepare monthly advertising invoices.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets, SAQ & SOX testing.
EDUCATION: Four-year degree required with emphasis in accounting/finance
OTHER: Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years accounting and financial analysis. Prior experience in media accounting strongly preferred; Must possess strong analytical and organizational skills, be detail-oriented, and must have the ability to work under strict deadlines, with a basic knowledge of internal controls. Television/Radio broadcast experience and knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic & Workday Financials a plus; Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. NY Notary a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.