If you’re looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You’ll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Director of Accounting is responsible for the day-to-day management and continuous operation of the accounting organization for Full Sail University and its subsidiaries. The primary focus will be on preparing and reviewing corporate consolidated financial statements and creating formal processes and procedures that govern our accounting organization across multiple business entities. This position reports to the CFO.
- Responsible for all financial reporting to include monthly balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cash flow statement and all budget to actual departmental reports and any needed ad hoc analytic reports.
- Prepares monthly financial board reports to include all necessary KPI reports.
- Manages the monthly reporting and is the key liaison with University Department leaders regarding accounting and budget matters.
- Manages monthly general ledger reconciliations and monthly closings.
- Manages the chart of accounts and maintains changes as needed.
- Oversees all accounting and provides direct supervision of staff to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger accounting, fixed asset accounting and reporting.
- Interviews and provides performance reviews of employees addressing challenges as needed.
- Assists with the coordination of the year end financial statement audits and account reconciliations along with year-end tax accounting and reporting as needed.
- Assists with the final compilation of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Oversees expenditures and staffing to ensure compliance with budget allocations.
- Participates in all system updates and upgrades as needed.
- Ensures internal controls are maintained and approved policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Prior higher education accounting experience preferred with a focus in accounting, auditing, finance, budgeting.
- Prior Title IV experience is preferred.
- Five to ten years of related professional accounting experience required.
- Experience with Workday and Adaptive preferred.
- Must have a full understanding of GAAP accounting.
- Must be able to communicate accounting matters effectively.
- Ability to meet deadlines is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA required.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an indoor office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.