If you’re looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You’ll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Senior Data & Analytics Analyst will contribute to Full Sail University’s Business Office with specific support to the Finance and Compliance departments. This is an interesting role for a dynamic professional who enjoys working on a range of tasks such as data analysis, reporting, storytelling with dashboards & metrics, KPI tracking, research, and data strategy. Furthermore, the work this role produces will lead to decision making and policy implementation in areas including (but not limited to) finance, budgeting, student retention, student success, institutional metrics, and accreditation.
An ideal candidate will naturally gravitate towards the use of technology to automate their tasks and want to use their skills to help solve problems for others. You should have an insatiable enthusiasm to always learn and stay on top of trends within the analytics field and Higher Education. This person will also be leader-minded by seeking/recommending new opportunities to contribute, taking full responsibility of their accurate and timely deliverables, and you should be able to “see the forest from the trees”.
This position is based on Full Sail University’s campus in Winter Park, Florida and can be performed on a hybrid basis to work from home and from campus. Full Sail management reserves the right to end hybrid positions at any time and require employees to work from campus permanently.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain, and update reoccurring and ad-hoc data analytics & reports.
- Present complex data findings to a range of audiences using different media
- Collaborate with faculty, staff and all levels of administration
- Participate in research studies and organizational data strategy
- Mine & clean data from several sources to be utilize in any number of applications
- Plan, prepare, and create a variety of regular and ad-hoc queries, reports, and publications to meet external reporting requirements such as IPEDS, EADA, other federal and state reports, and accrediting agency reports
- Provides support and acts as a liaison between the Business Office, Compliance Department, Finance, and other key areas to produce accurate data files
- Support Finance with census planning through data integrations, reporting, dashboards, advance analytics, and data integrity audits
- Supports new & existing technologies with data audits, ETL’s, planning and improvements
- Support Compliance with institutional data needs such as external reporting, analysis of population trends, fact book adoption, ad-hoc requests and support in institutional research & analytics efforts
- Be a leader in moving the Department forward with the further adoption of advanced data science and analytics
- A Self-Starter, comfortable learning with a trainer, with a SOP, networking, or online resources
- Ability to manage time, projects, and resources in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to establish priorities and deal with numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a collaborative and collegial environment
- Able to work independently with limited direction while contributing to a team or project with a high degree of accuracy.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to connect and network with colleagues
- Curious, endless questioning of data, and a bit of an artist when it comes to data viz’s
- Higher Education experience; particular working with institutional data like IPEDS, student retention, accreditation, Scorecard and alike
- At a minimum you should have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, MIS, Business, Finance, Economics or other related fields and can demonstrate on-going learning post baccalaureate using MOOC’s, EdX, Coursera, Data camps, certificates or alike.
- Preference is for candidates having or pursuing an advanced education degree in a related field. We encourage non-degree holding individuals who can depict the preferred level of expert technical & soft skills to apply.
- Advance MS Excel: expert level skills including professional charts, Pivots, h/v/x lookups, data analytics/statistical package, modeling, VBA, automation (SQL queries/Macros).
- A minimum of five years’ work experience using data analysis tools or dedicated education/training in Analytics or Data Science which may offset years worked
- Report building in applications such as CRM, ERP, accounting, financial or alike
- Creating shareable dashboard, Storytelling & presenting in technical tools
- Experience using data from multiple sources which range in size in min of 100k+ rows by 50+ columns
- 2+ years of experience using Tableau
- Experience in at least one Data Analytics/ML software such as R, Python, SAS, Alteryx, Dataiku or alike
- Use of relational database for querying & mining data, particular experience using SQL
- Use of statistics to solve business problems
- Proven experience in forecasting & modeling
- Workday Adaptive Planning
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Candidate must be located in Florida, US. Although most day-to-day work is completed remotely, other work such as team building, training, learning & growth, networking, meetings and alike will be done on the Full Sail University Winter Park campus.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.