If you’re looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You’ll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for the execution of the day-to-day talent fulfillment plans of various open requisitions. The position manages full recruiting lifecycle processes and is responsible for sourcing, assessing, interviewing, and making hiring recommendations. Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, the position will leverage passive and active methods, partners, and resources to execute against hiring plans. This position is a great opportunity for someone with a strong sourcing and recruitment background who is prepared to think outside of the box to attract the best talent to Full Sail.
To be successful in this role, you will develop and maintain business relationships and be recognized as a trusted partner. This requires working with a sense of urgency, driving the process forward, and having excellent follow-up skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage working relationships with hiring managers through consultation and appropriate communication to determine hiring needs.
- Develop and create targeted recruitment techniques with management for qualified candidates via applicant review, direct sourcing, referrals, networking, professional communities, relationships with college/universities career centers, social media, job fairs, etc.
- Responsible for sourcing, screening and recommending candidates for positions
- Screen potential candidates by various methods (e.g., phone interview, Zoom, and in-person) to further determine appropriate job fit.
- Consult with hiring managers and human resources team on position descriptions, requisition creation, compensation, and sourcing strategies.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Recruit and perform talent acquisition activities such as resume & phone screens, candidate interviews, recommend final selection of applicants, and close qualified candidates.
- Place and update all job postings in various Medias including internet/intranet sites, colleges, social networks, community boards and staffing partners/ agencies.
- Create offer letters, maintain applicant tracking system.
- Partner with Director of Talent Acquisition on planning, development, and management of strategic employer branding activities and employee retention plans.
- Support agency partnerships and vendor contracts for hard-to-fill roles.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with candidates by providing superior candidate care, including clearly defining position requirements and recruiting process, timely updates on progress, interview preparation, and debriefing.
- Present the most qualified candidates to hiring managers with recommendations for interviews.
- Arrange interview schedules, pre-employment screening, and offer letter drafts.
- Must have a solid and broad understanding of Human Resource principles, practices, and employment laws.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Will ensure job prospects meet required job requirements and credential requirements.
- Faculty credential requirements must be adhered to when hiring faculty.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Full life cycle recruiting experience and the ability to manage competing demands in an adaptable and flexible way.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain relationships with candidates, hiring managers, and HR team members is required.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Ability to multi-task while working independently or collaboratively
- Proactive mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as critical thinking skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Workday is a plus.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite; Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Must be familiar with online recruiting tools.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands: Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while listening on the telephone. May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, and stooping.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.