New York, NY
Explore career growth and expand your opportunities at Standard.
Standard Industries is a privately-held global industrial company operating in over 80 countries with over 20,000 employees. The Standard ecosystem spans a broad array of holdings, technologies and investments—including both public and private companies from early to late-stage—as well as world-class building solutions, performance materials, real estate and next-generation solar technology. Throughout its 140-year history, Standard has leveraged its deep industry expertise and vision to create outsize value across its businesses, which today include operating companies GAF, BMI, Grace, GAF Energy, Siplast, Schiedel, and SGI, as well as Standard Investments and Winter Properties. Learn more at www.standardindustries.com.
The Junior HR Generalist will play a critical role assisting the team with all aspects of HR administration with a focus on payroll, benefits, ad hoc employee inquiries, and systems administration. This is an ideal position for an early-career candidate eager to make an impact in support of the broader HR team, and to build upon the fundamentals of human resources in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This role will report directly to the VP of Human Resources.
- Act as the liaison between the Company and PEO provider to handle benefits and payroll administration
- Process multiple payrolls for both weekly and semi-monthly employees and manage all reporting requirements related to the various payrolls
- Partner with the Workday team to maintain all employee data and organizational changes, manage Workday-related processes, and handle custom reporting and organizational charts
- Process HR-related invoices and coordinate payment with relevant Accounting teams
- Complete employment verifications
- Handle new hire onboarding and orientation, as well as manage employee off boarding
- Support various ad hoc HR projects and conduct market research, as needed
- In partnership with the VP of HR, maintain strong partnerships with employees and ensure HR strategies, processes, practices as well as company policies and benefits are understood, implemented and communicated effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, with some prior exposure to/within HR
- HR systems experience, a plus
- Organized and motivated, with a strong analytical mindset
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Suite or G Suite
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Effectively balances timely and competing priorities with tact, responsiveness, and enthusiasm
- Possesses excellent communication skills with professionalism in verbal and written communications
- Exercises good judgment while working with highly sensitive, confidential material and information
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
Standard is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal employment and advancement of opportunity to all people. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. We believe diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are critical assets to our businesses. Qualified applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At Standard, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k and vacation package for all full-time permanent positions.
If you are an internal employee, please do not apply here. Click on the Careers bubble in Workday, which can be accessed via the HR Portal.