625 Westport Pkwy Grapevine, TX 76051
Department: Human Resources
Status: Non-Exempt | Full-Time
Title: HR Administrator
Reports To: Manager, Shared Services
As the HR Administrator, you will support our employees who work across the U.S. in our GameStop stores. You will respond to questions and concerns regarding Workday, Kronos (time & attendance), W2’s, Payroll, onboarding/offboarding, employment verifications, and more though phone calls and emails. Your goal is to provide an awesome experience for our employees! You will work with a team of amazing people are performance driven and looking to get things done.
What will I do?
- Assist associates (employees) professionally, via phone and email, in response to questions, concerns, and requests for assistance.
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of data accessed during daily activities.
- Consistent with established guidelines, escalate specified types of concerns to other HR team members or supervisor.
- Work as a team member to maintain the highest quality of customer service and productivity; provide coverage for other team members as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, and individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Workday platform.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Customer Focus – Makes associates and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Communication – Accurately comprehends messages from others and responds appropriately; checks for understanding from recipient and presents message in different ways to enhance understanding.
- Business Acumen – Understand complex business issues and what drives good decision making.
- Innovation and Problem Solving — Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
- Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Managing Conflict – Effectively handles antagonistic situations with others over the phone and email. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict from customers.
What do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field, human resources, operational leadership, organizational development, or other discipline.
- 1+ years of HR Generalist or Payroll experience required, preferable in high volume environment.
- Workday experience required. Zendesk highly preferred.
- Must be able to exercise strong judgment and independently take appropriate actions within defined HR policies and procedures.
- Thrives in a growth environment, self-motivated, pro-active, and takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong conflict management and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated success and willingness to manage multiple priorities and a high-volume workload.
- Excellent self-management, interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to model customer-focused behaviors leading to outstanding customer experiences.
- Must be able to work additional hours during peak seasons when special projects are required.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.