625 Westport Pkwy Grapevine, TX 76051
At GameStop, we are committed to providing exceptional service and delivering the latest and greatest in gaming products to our customers. As a leading global retailer of video games, electronics, and gaming merchandise, we take pride in offering a wide range of products that cater to the needs and desires of gamers worldwide. Our mission is to create unforgettable experiences for our customers by constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible. Whether you're a hardcore gamer or just starting out, we've got something for everyone. Join us in our mission to shape the future of gaming and bring the best gaming products to the world!
The Human Resources Associate supports the Fulfillment Center associates and managers regarding general HR questions and issues. This position also provides general administrative HR support to the Site Human Resources Manager. This person must be onsite and will work in a warehouse environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Maintain, audit and distribute statistical reports for Fulfillment Center management; run ad hoc reports upon request.
- Assist associates and Fulfillment Center Management in resolving Company policy inquiries or other various HR related issues; coordinate between management and non-exempt associates to maintain open lines of communication.
- Support the Fulfillment Center HR team with recruiting including verifying internal applicant eligibility, scheduling interviews, collecting interview notes, and scheduling new hires for orientation; along with accurately entering all New Hires into Workday.
- Maintain and assist Fulfillment Center Management with Kronos/attendance related issues, including PTO related inquiries.
- Report accident claims and assist Risk Management department with any Workers Compensation related issues.
- Compile and communicate absences reported to associate call-in line daily.
- Organize and assist with recruitment efforts including mass hire events, job fairs, interviewing, and new hire orientation.
- Coordinate and assist with various department projects and events.
- Assist Corporate HR with monthly random drug testing.
- Maintain department reports and office filing.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be at least 18 years of age (unless prohibited by applicable law)
- At least 1 year of administrative support or customer service experience required; experience in a HR capacity preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends during peak periods
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English; and proficient customer service skills
- Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
- Working knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word; Working knowledge of Workday and Kronos time keeping system preferred
- Ability to use basic office equipment and machinery, including photocopier, and 10-key pad on a computer keyboard
- Working knowledge of sorting and filing using alpha and/or numeric order and accurate typing and data entry skills
- Possess working analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to recognize discrepancies/errors in written/recorded data/information including the ability to initiate and respond to work errors in a professional manner, working collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- Ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities