This position can sit near one of our Center’s of Excellence located in Irving, TX or Austin TX where we offer a hybrid, virtual first work model.
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About this role:
Gartner is a growth company that is focused on building world-class talent to deliver actionable, objective insights to executives and their teams. Supporting our growth requires the evolution of key Human Resources (HR) technology and the processes that technology supports. The HR Technology team is looking for a senior software engineering leader to drive Workday development and the seamless integration of our larger HR Technology ecosystem. This role will report to the head of HR Technology in Gartner IT, partnering closely with our HRIS organization.
What you will do in this role:
- Lead a global team of software engineers who are responsible for the design, development, testing and operational support of Workday, integration platforms, and other third-party software.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in HR, HRIS and HR centers of excellence to translate business needs into functional/technical requirements and design solutions that meet/exceed their needs
- Introduce/teach/uphold technical standards that will allow our solutions to scale with Gartner’s growth, improve efficiency and reduce technical debt
- Leverage your leadership and expertise to shape product and technical strategies that guide the organization into the future
What skills you need for the role:
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in leading global teams
- ·5+ years in a Workday HCM environment across multiple modules including HCM and Recruiting.
- Expertise leading the design & delivery of Workday integrations (Inbound EIB, Outbound EIB, calculated fields, advanced custom reports, Workday APIs, studio, PICOF, PECI)
- Strong technical acumen. Proven experience working with technologies such as XML, XSLT, XPATH, SOA, SOAP, OAuth 2.0, Report-as-a-Service, REST Web Services and Web technologies. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and SQL programming is required.
- ·Strong leadership skills in the areas of communication / collaboration, product delivery, Agile best practices, and stakeholder management
- Ability to derive functional & technical requirements by interacting directly with business stakeholders.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we’re proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we’re recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We’ve been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to [email protected].
Job Requisition ID:76824
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.