GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
Under the Production Operations & Finance department the Business Associate will provide business support to the Technology department. Technology supports a diverse community of GBH’ers working in Broadcasting, Content Creation, Education, Digital, Assistive Technologies, Local News and Administrative roles. Roughly 40 staff work in 6 teams within Technology and the team is committed to creative problem solving and respectful candor.
The Business Associate, under the supervision of the Senior Business Manager, is responsible for key financial operations and compliance with accounting functions for Technology. The Business Associate plays an important role in supporting other general management tasks across finance, legal and human resources. As a member of the business team, the Business Associate has primary responsibility for the department’s day-to-day accounting activities, including processing purchase requisitions and department invoices, purchasing, procurement allocations, vendor contracts, and other operational needs. In addition, the Business Associate is responsible for maintaining the equipment asset inventory, interdepartmental billing and supporting the department’s employees with timesheets and expense support submissions.
Perform all department financial activities.
- Independent, timely and accurate completion of key tasks in Purchasing, Billing and Payroll.
- Work closely with suppliers/vendors and Accounting to set up suppliers as part of the Payment Automation project.
- Process all accounts payable for the department.
- Create supplier contracts, receipts and tracking for all departmental Legal agreements.
- Work with both internal staff and external producers/vendors to ensure compliance with GBH policies and funder requirements.
- Administer purchasing card process and monthly reconciliation.
- Assist Senior Business Manager with the necessary support for accounting-close requirements.
Act as primary contact for department/project administrative needs.
- Support department with administrative tasks across time-reporting & expense-reporting and help train new hires on key administrative tasks.
- Serve as department liaison to service groups across the Foundation, such as HR, Accounting, Budget, Legal, Design, Facilities, etc., and operate according to policy guidelines.
- Working in conjunction with IT End User Support, maintain inventory and software asset management and support departmental and end user requests for equipment and peripheral purchases.
- Perform and oversee day to day Technology office administration, including Mailroom, Physical Plant and Human Resources related tasks.
Assist in planning, preparing, and revising department/project budgets.
- Track and review expenses on an as needed basis for department as assigned.
- Compile information and support the business unit in the preparation of budget and financial reports.
- Participate in budget planning meetings.
- Familiarity with accounting and financial systems.
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with a proven ability to work independently with attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills to interface with a wide range of production and technology customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cultivate productive working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines and generate accurate and detailed reports.
- Results oriented and analytical.
- Computer fluency, especially in Excel and financial software required. Knowledge of Workday a plus. Proficiency with databases.
- Self-motivated, highly interested in process improvement and pride in ownership and doing your best work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
Minimum of two years’ experience in finance and administration.
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve are diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment, or promotion based on race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Process Assistance
GBH will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate an accommodation request, contact the Human Resource department by sending an email to [email protected] or by calling 617-300-2000.