Buffalo, New York, United States of America
This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
The General Motors Car/SUV/Engine Human Resources Group is seeking to identify a highly motivated and qualified individual for an opportunity within the Tonawanda Engine Plant. You will be responsible for onsite HR/LR Generalist services in Tonawanda, to which include Labor Relations, Hourly Employment, and Salaried HR administration.
Closely related, you will work with the Labor Relations team to ensure a collaborative bargaining atmosphere remains. You will work strategically with assigned business leaders to improve working relationships, build engagement, increase output, attract and retain talent, including collaborating with Centers of Expertise (COEs) relative to strategic workforce planning.
Core Human Resources:
- Collaborate with functional HR leaders to define a talent identification and management strategy within their respective business
- Work with assigned business function’s leaders, provide direction on restructures, specific transformation efforts, job design, workforce/organizational planning
- Ensure that HR provides extraordinary HR service delivery, drives consistency and standard methodology deliverables
- Communicate and educate our function leaders and our employees on significant, relevant changes in HR policies and programs
- Identify training and leadership development needs for assigned business function as a systemic strategy
- Act as a key contributor and change agent in the transformation of HR
- Develop new/creative ideas based on HR knowledge, standard methodologies and industry trends
- Analyze trends/metrics to identify problems & develop relevant HR solutions, programs/policies for the assigned business
- Understand legal requirements at execution level related to management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide management representation in administering the provisions of agreements between union and management
- Counsel management in the interpretation of agreements and act as management representative in dealing with the union
- Exercise independent judgment within general policies and procedures established by agreements; some direct guidance is received from supervisor
- Advise management and other plant personnel on matters related to Union-Management relationships
- Administer contractual provisions in area of responsibility
- Play a principal role in local negotiations
- Share regular Labor Relations updates – Shop Committee grievance resolution meeting
- Coordinate the activities of various departments involved in resolving employee grievances
- Conduct special investigations as needed
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/related discipline and/or relevant HR experience
- 3+ years’ experience in core HR support role
- Workday experience preferred
Minimum Required Skills and Experience:
- Labor Relations Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in core HR
- 3+ years of related manufacturing experience highly desired in a unionized organization
- HRIS exposure
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.