At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We're not just designers. We're tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you're into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationship in global markets, there's something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines-from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. At our core we embody an entrepreneurial spirit, always looking ahead for new ways to innovate and add to our clients' success. We share the belief that design has the power to transform organizations and change lives; whether we're refreshing a retailer's brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building.
Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability, and we believe that a diversity of voices and cultures is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
As the world's largest design firm, Gensler has a unique obligation and opportunity to focus on sustainability in the built environment. We deepened our commitment to combat the impact on climate change in the built environment when we launched Gensler Cities Climate Challenge (GC3) in 2019. This is our pledge to meet an ambitious goal: the elimination of all greenhouse gases from our work by 2030.
We're looking for a professional, organized, efficient, and client focused individual to join our team as an HR Coordinator. This role supports the HR Manager as required with a professional demeanor and proactive approach. You should thrive when working alongside employees in a fast-paced professional environment. Ideally, you must be well versed in general HR policies and procedures to help guide employees upon request. This position requires you to be detail conscious, prioritize well, and confidently interact with the office leadership, clients, employees, and candidates.
To succeed in this role, you will be a dynamic individual who can calmly and efficiently juggle multiple tasks while keeping up with a thriving HR community of APME Region.
What You Will Do
- Reporting to the HR Manager, support the full lifecycle of the employee experience from recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and offboarding.
- Setup and assemble new hire paperwork, ensure employee files are kept updated.
- Connect with payroll vendor and Gensler payroll team to maintain and assure the payroll, social insurance, and benefit cycles.
- Maintain PTO, Overtime, and Commute Allowance report to up to date status
- Maintain Workday database including new hires/exits, compensation, status changes, and absence calendar reconciliation with timesheet data.
- Manual Timesheet management including data collection, payroll sharing, and vision inputs.
- Assist the recruiting process including scheduling interviews, creating and posting job descriptions, and updating hiring status chart
- Coordinate and arrange for new hire orientation, Buddy Program, and other training programs.
- Create and update new hire orientation documents and staff photo list.
- Support talent development coordination, working closely with regional Talent Development team.
- Track tuition reimbursements and support the licensure/accreditation and professional memberships management for staff.
- Ensure all HR related internal and external documents such as timesheets, vendor invoices etc.. are submitted and paid within the agreed timeframes.
- Track and coordinate visa and immigration related documents including long term visa renewal of existing employees
- Health & Safety committee & employee consultation management with company doctor
- Other HR activities and duties that pertain to the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- Fully bilingual proficiency in Japanese and English, both verbal and in writing.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience ideally in HR but can be in an administrative role, within a professional services firm desired.
- Solid time management skills including the ability to organize, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks while working independently or as a part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships with individuals at all levels of management.
- Strong customer service orientation, a team player who is calm under pressure.
- A good understanding of data analysis, able to produce clear and concise reports.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with excellent organizational skills and the ability to produce timely, high-quality deliverables.
- Experience with Workday or other comparable HRIS systems including data entry, management reporting and data analysis is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite essential. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Ability to work with diverse, creative, professional people in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to process high volume of confidential data with integrity and professionalism.
Life at Gensler
Gensler Asia-Pacific and Middle East is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion through our Five Strategies. In partnership with our clients, we strive to create a just and equitable future for our communities and our colleagues. We celebrate our diversity and are focused on creating an inclusive workplace environment for all.
As a people-first organization, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From internal design competitions to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and wellness programs. We also offer profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.