London, United Kingdom
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators, and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve the world’s most challenging problems, like designing a more resilient, inclusive, and equitable future for our communities and cities.
Our people-centered, “People First” culture and “One Firm-Firm” motto promotes integrated teams that unite to shape the future of cities. Gensler’s vision is to “Create a Better World through the Power of Design,” and we do that by our deep commitment to our clients and by fostering a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive environment that enables our people to create impactful solutions together.
We are seeking an extremely reliable individual to ensure Gensler’s payroll process is executed flawlessly and will scale with the growth of our business. This is an amazing opportunity to be a key contributor to Gensler’s Global Payroll team. This role reports into the EU Payroll Supervisor.
The Payroll Specialist will work closely with our Data-platform, Workday HRIS, Compensation, Benefit and Global Payroll Vendor/Platform teams as part of owning our UK payroll process. You will have the opportunity to drive significant change in payroll processing for our dynamic business. Our ideal candidate needs to have the ability to work independently, plan, prioritize, think outside of the box, and have a positive attitude to embrace change.
What You Will Do
- Prepares and processes UK payroll in an efficient and accurate manner. Meeting the required deadlines.
- Keeps abreast of payroll related issues consistent with the HMRC statutory and tax rules and legislation.
- Communicates and collaborates closely with Human Resources for all employees’ data and compensation related matters.
- Calculates and processes retroactive salary increases.
- Conducts consistent audits on payroll, employee payroll records, employee payroll tax records, and all other payroll records to ensure accuracy and compliance with both statutory and tax regulations.
- Ensures appropriate documentation for operational process and procedures are in place and adhered to as part of operations.
- Works closely with accounting team to audit cash, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Creates certified payroll reports for employees that require them.
- Manages regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Trains employees on self-service online access, viewing paystubs, going paperless etc.
- Responsible for filing Certified Payroll reports according to the local jurisdiction requirements.
- Supports internal and external audits, domestic and international.
- Supports the Payroll Supervisor with tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 6+ years of relevant working experience in UK payroll. Experience and skills include UK payroll, social benefits, tax and statutory, proficiency in Excel, administration, timekeeping and reconciliation. Possess strong analytical reasoning skills.
- Strong communication skills and eagerness to learn new tools and techniques.
- Proficient in managing multiple tasks with varied deadlines, a self-starter who can keep daily payroll operation moving.
- Able to read, speak and write in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
- Working knowledge of Workday and TMF Horizon are preferable.
Life at Gensler
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical and dental insurance, season ticket loans, pension and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional qualifications and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programmes or classes. We view our professional development programmes as strategic investments in our future.