Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation’s capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
HCM Business and Operations Analyst (Temporary), Georgetown College – Georgetown University
The Georgetown College experience is marked by intellectual vitality, a global outlook, and dedication to service. In the Jesuit tradition of cura personalis, Georgetown College strives to provide its students with a multifaceted liberal arts education—an education of the whole person. Our exceptional students and world-class faculty are the heart and soul of the university. The College curriculum covers the full range of humanistic, scientific, and social-scientific disciplines. Students are introduced to ideas sustained throughout history, and are invited and expected to think critically about the nature of the world and our place in it.
The HCM Business and Operations Analyst – in a temporary role – serves the key stakeholder groups within Georgetown College, to include Faculty, Postdoctoral fellows, Staff and AAP, Students and Contingent Workers. They are the first point of contact for all HCM related transactions for faculty, staff and students; and initiate and monitor all HCM processes, systems, and procedures across the various departments. In a “deadline” driven role, the HCM Business and Operations Analyst maintains accurate and appropriate accounting of salary distributions and integrity of all personnel records as well as manage HCM and GMS employment data. The HCM Business and Operations Analyst provides HCM business and operations support to the Senior Associate Deans for Faculty, Department Chairs, Program Directors, and Senior Business Administrators to assure smooth functioning of HCM operations in the college. Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Finance and Administration, the HCM Business and Operations Analyst has duties that include but are not limited to:
Faculty HCM Processes
- Serve as the first point of contact for all GMS-related matters for faculty
- Handle all GMS keying business processes within the system which include but are not limited to data and compensation changes, summer salaries, faculty leave and benefits
- In collaboration with the Provost Office of Faculty Affairs, provide guidance and customer service support to faculty members in the faculty appointment or promotion application process
- Advance knowledge and processes related to GMS keying of tenure and promotion
- Update GMS to reflect faculty appointment status
Staff and Student HCM Processes
- Interpret human resources policies and procedures and advise departments and stakeholders on implementation
- Handle all GMS keying business processes within the system, include hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, editing position restrictions, termination, costing allocation updates
- Assist with drafting all new offer (and promotion) letters, and coordinates with departments to issue these letters to candidates
- Analyze supporting documents for accuracy and completeness, and follow through to ensure transactions have been successfully completed in Georgetown Management System/Workday
- Assist with the onboarding of new hires from start to finish, which includes review of position description with the hiring manager, submission of documents for the Committee review and approval, creation of the position in GMS, sending offer letter to the selected candidate, initiation of the background check, processing new employee hire in GMS, and issuing welcome letter and a New Employee checklist
- Work within GMS system and the I-9 office to ensure new employees are in compliance with completing their electronic I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form within the required deadline
- Work closely with Department Administrators and the Georgetown College Finance team to ensure all proposed requests match available budget(s)
Data Management and Reporting
- Assist with the maintenance of the college’s supervisory organization structure within GMS
- Initiate HCM Role Change and Supervisory Organization change requests
- Run exception reports and take appropriate action to resolve all issues
- Audit leave requests and leave balances on a quarterly basis
- Audit overtime payments on a quarterly basis
- Respond to request for ad hoc data and reports as needed
Other Duties as Assigned
Work closely with the Senior Associate Deans for Faculty, Senior Associate Dean for Finance and Administration, GC Finance team and HR to provide direction to staff and faculty in matters regarding, policy and benefits entitlements, where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of HCM Operations experience required (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Ability to communicate with managers and employees in an effective manner
- Must be able to work in both current and future deadlines simultaneously
- Forward-thinking and strong analytical and organizational skills
- Commitment to ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
With your application, please upload the following 2 documents (preferably in a single PDF):
- Cover letter
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown’s commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.