2115 Wisconsin Ave 3rd Floor
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation’s capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
HCM Senior Business Analyst, University Information Specialist – Georgetown University
The HCM (Human Capital Management) Senior Business Analyst is responsible for supporting the HR, Benefits and Payroll enterprise system supporting Students, Faculty and Staff; implementing new HCM functionality; analyzing data, gathering requirements, creating reports; and engaging with the stakeholders for Student, Academic, HR, Benefits and Payroll processes at Georgetown University.
Reporting to the Director of HCM Systems and Processes; and serving, if assigned, as a member of one or more project teams, with an additional reporting line to that project’s manager, the HCM Senior Business Analyst has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with stakeholders to collect requirements, document, and implement new HCM Workday functionality and maintain existing functionality.
- Engage with decision makers, stakeholders, and system users to meet business requirements with innovative system solutions and efficient processes.
- Reviewing, analyzing, configuring and evaluating the Human Resources system, data, integrations, reports and user needs.
- Document requirements, and define business processes, policies and procedures that are informed by and meet stakeholder business strategies.
- Oversight of Workday requirements/integrations with ancillary HCM systems – i.e., document retention system, identity management system, website, etc.
- Provide exemplary customer service to end-users.
- Assist with training preparation and materials.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in information science
- 10 to15 years of work experience, with 5 to 8 years of experience in business process design or data administration and user documentation in relevant enterprise environments, preferably in a higher education environment
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certification
- Current experience with Business Process design in a medium to large size organization
- Current or past experience with at least one enterprise system (human resources, financials, student, etc.), preferably Workday
- Current or past experience with enterprise integration methodologies such as SOA
- PMP or similar experience preferred
- Outstanding demonstrated skills in consensus-building and oral and written communication
- Ability to build and utilize effective working relationships across departments, functional areas and reporting lines
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Work Mode: Telework. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position’s mode of work designation – please visit Georgetown University’s Work Mode Designation for staff and AAP positions for details.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown’s commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.