We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
Purpose of the Role
- The HR Services Specialist will provide key support to the business in all aspects of the employee lifecycle – from issuing contracts to payroll – thereby contributing to GfK – an NIQ company’s Global HR Management strategy
- The incumbent will consult and support Local HRBP and EE in all personnel related queries including HR administration, payroll, medical insurance, documents management.
- He/she ensures local HR presence on site for all employee related issues aligned with the Local HRBP and EE.
- The HR Services Specialist will be responsible for data accuracy and integrity in regards of personnel data including HR analytics support including Workday system management.
- He/she will have a multi country responsibility in the MEA region
- Be the first point of contact for local management and employees with operational HR processes and topics
- Support the monthly payroll submission including social security and pension submissions
- Support in validating payroll and submitting post payroll reports including accruals and statutory submissions
- Support Local HR Business Partner with local employment law and HR knowledge and where needed on Employee Relations cases
- Support on medical insurance, meal vouchers, occupational health safety
- Proactively streamline and find efficiencies in the HR processes by utilizing the HRIS (Workday) and other mechanisms
- Issue and maintain employment paperwork and files, including contract changes and ad hoc documentation as required
- Support on individual HR projects as required
- Ensure the delivery of HR Services is executed efficiently and in compliance with local rules and regulations.
- First tier support to HRBP for all local administrative tasks and execution of HR related matters
- Owns the employees data along the life cycle in Workday from the hiring to the termination process (e.g. on-boarding, payroll changes, issuing contracts, termination documents)
- Deliver support to line managers and employees, related to employee administration issues e.g. employee job changes, transfers
- Support employees and managers on questions related to Leave of Absences: e.g. Maternity, Parental, Sick Leave
- Supports projects to implement digital solutions as well as to centralize, streamline and expand HR Services scope
- Support and administer Payroll Management and includes all task related to payroll process, validations and report generations.
- Support and prepare all local contracts based on the local labour law guidelines including all topics related to employment contracts and employment visa
- Coordinate HR administration in order to provide support to all staff regarding people related matters, amongst others the following topics:
- manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are validated and processed accurately and timely
- prepare labour contracts & termination orders
- record-keeping of employment files (incl. employee master data management)
- supervision and coordination of administration activities
- Ensure compliance of HR processes according to GfK & NIQ policies and local labor law
- Regional Payroll Lead
- Local HRBP
- Local EE
- HR Help Desk
- Local management and employees
- Potential future employees of GfK + NIQ
- External payroll service providers
Technical skills required
- Strong HR and employment law knowledge
- Willingness to innovate and challenge not just to react
- Ability to work within a matrix organisation, supporting wider HR initiatives and collaborating with HR colleagues globally
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to use Excel, Powerpoint etc. effectively
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience supporting with (insert country name) HR topics is desirable
- Previous payroll experience is mandatory
- Previous Workday knowledge is desirable
- Knowledge of local employment laws and regulations in order to maintain compliance at all levels
Typical Education and Work Experience required
- 3-5 years relevant HR experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related
- Experience in working in a matrix / international organization (preferred)
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!