Under the governance of Information Technology, the Manager, Business Systems will liaise with Finance, Human Resources, and IT to i.) develop technological business strategy, ii.) optimize ERP efficiency, iii.) promote legal and regulatory compliance, iv.) drive cost reduction, and v.) facilitate organizational growth via performance of the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a high-performing team of systems analysts including hiring, developing, coaching, training, and allocating resources while fostering a customer centric mindset.
- Promote a cohesive work environment, supervise and evaluate staff performance, and provide opportunities for personnel growth and development.
- Attract, select, edify, and retain exceptional talent to support team initiatives and objectives.
- Provide leadership and direction for development and maintenance of all systematic modules as offered by Workday Financial Management or Human Capital Management, with potential to oversee Workday team expansion as it relates to Workday Planning, Workday Learning, and Workday Student; adopt customary communications, meetings, and activities to engender partnership support.
- Engage cross-functional leadership to address systematic issues.
- Strategize systematic deliverables to achieve deadlines and satisfy stakeholder expectations.
- Create systematic Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Steward financial and/or human capital data and governance standards, including compliance with data privacy and protection laws.
- Plan, develop, prioritize, integrate, and support financial and human capital application initiatives.
- Develop global roadmap for systematic and business process standardization, define business requirements, facilitate current vs. future process mapping, cultivate systematic documentation, and pursue opportunities for cost reduction.
- Manage functional and technical systematic specifications, optimize workflow processes, and promote user comprehension.
- Regulate provision of user-based and role-based security in accordance with the internal control framework.
- Manage the design and creation of systematic dashboards, scorecards, and metrics across the Workday Financials and HCM platforms to facilitate executive decision-making.
- Formulate timelines, test scenarios, and project plans for adopting new/improved functionality offered via recurring upgrade cycles and/or future implementation phases.
- Identify and administer integrations to/from subsystems and service providers.
- Coordinate and evaluate systematic testing, craft adoption tools and reference materials, and advocate end user training.
- Understand Workday development roadmap in order to evaluate capabilities in the context of the business.
- Liaise with global stakeholders and leadership to adopt new functionality as needed.
- Appraise vendor relationships, partnership support, and overall product and service satisfaction.
- Edify and maintain constructive stakeholder relationships (Executive, HR, Finance, IT, etc.), solicit feedback to ensure ongoing service satisfaction.
Directly supervises designated staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, interviewing, making recommendations on hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Comprehension and proficiency of software configuration and testing.
- Creation of financial and human capital metrics to evaluate organizational efficacy and cultivate actionable insight.
- Demonstrated analytical experience; compilation of financial and/or human capital management reporting; knowledge to discern organizational needs.
- Sound judgment, effective problem-solving technique, creativity, and flexibility; awareness to anticipate change and seamlessly adapt.
- Action oriented, influential leadership to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication; ability to liaise with colleagues of diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Capacity to administer multiple, competing demands and work cooperatively with others.
- Disciplined project management principles and risk mitigation techniques, proven record of success engaging stakeholders to deliver cross-functional solutions.
- Experience in organizational change management practices and behavior.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in information systems, finance/accounting, human resources, or closely related field.
- Five years of progressive large scale business systems (ERP) implementation and system life cycle experience, three years of which working directly with Workday.
- Three years of progressive management experience.
- Acuity for Software as a Service (“SaaS”/“cloud”); Accounting and/or Human Resources, and Payroll roles/responsibilities.
- Workday Pro Certification(s) as applicable to HCM or Finance.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees.