Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,400 lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
As the Manager of Compensation, you will have responsibility for supporting the administration of the compensation processes for Attorneys and Professional Staff, including merit and bonus processes; tracking schedules for work streams, completing salary surveys; bench-marking new and current positions; maintenance of salary range documents; budget modeling and expense tracking; contributing to the design, support, and administration of compensation systems; process documentation and training.
What you do:
- Works on a variety of projects including cost analysis and budgeting.
- Responsible for the ongoing administration of US & Europe & Asia Attorneys & Professional Staff, case assistant, paralegal, and Science Advisors compensation processes.
- Tracks salary survey schedules and budgets, completes salary surveys and reviews surveys completed by analyst.
- Compensation system maintenance, development, and administration (Workday, PayScale, CompXL).
- Responsible for using surveys and Market Pay system to benchmark new and existing positions.
- Conducts FLSA reviews and develops guidance tools.
- Responsible for the data integrity of compensation information in the Workday HRIS, CompXL and Market Pay compensation systems, e.g. auditing information related to salary; FLSA; titles; frameworks; salary ranges; job profiles; job families; EEO job category.
- Teams with HRIS, Finance, Payroll and Benefits to achieve desired outcomes and produce data to support business needs.
- Makes updates to Workday and CompXL systems for compensation related changes where appropriate.
- Prepares spreadsheets and reports to support client needs for compensation information and analysis.
- Assists with supporting training initiatives and communications relating to compensation.
- Creates documentation for compensation administration and processes, including timelines.
- Contributes to the support and development of performance evaluation processes as they interface with and/or impact compensation.
- Creates compensation notifications/letters for salary changes and bonuses.
- Participates in various human resources related projects as necessary.
- Provides recommendations for process improvements.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, CCP certification a plus.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Experience working with HRIS systems, preferably Workday. Market Pay experience desirable.
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Advanced expertise with excel, including VLOOKUP’s, creating charts and graphics, modeling worksheets, pivot tables.
- Ability to work flexible hours and extended hours as needed.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and work in high stress situations.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in spreadsheet software applications.
- High level of attention to detail – ensure the integrity/accuracy of data.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.