Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. We are in the business of building authentic, long-term relationships with our clients, who are some of the world’s most successful and innovative investors, entrepreneurs and disruptors in the life sciences, private equity, real estate, technology and financial industries, and where they converge. Our immersive understanding of these industries – combined with our expertise across high-stakes litigation and dispute resolution, world-class regulatory compliance and advisory services, and complex transactions – sets us apart. Our Global Operations Team – all business professionals of the firm – was named the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
As the Senior Workday HRIS Analyst, you will be responsible for providing functional and technical support on the use of HR applications. You will have HRIS subject matter expertise and will leverage internal subject matter experts, such as IT, Finance, Payroll, other HR functional areas and external vendor subject matter experts to resolve system related issues. The Senior Workday HRIS Analyst will recommend process improvements and deploy solutions, as well as develop user procedure, guidelines and documentation. This position will act as project lead and support HR system enhancements, testing, issue resolution and other technical projects as assigned. The Senior Workday HRIS Analyst will support the Manager, HRIS in all projects and activities as needed.
What You’ll Do:
• Act as a primary technical support analyst for HR systems and serve as project lead for all HRIS system projects and initiatives
• Provide functional and technical support, identify and troubleshoot system problems. Ensure data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and process improvement opportunities
• Manage system access to ensure appropriate security procedures are in place, perform data audits
• Develop, implement and maintain , user procedures, guidelines and business processes documentation
• Perform analysis of HR functionality, recommend and develop process/customer service improvements and system enhancements to optimize the HR systems value
• Lead projects and relationships with IT, Finance, HR managers, HR vendors, Benefits vendors and other subject matter experts to ensure the services and solutions provided meet the needs of our customers
• Participate in reviewing, planning, testing and implementing system upgrades or enhancements
• Maintain awareness of current trends in HR technology and understand statutory and regulatory requirements affecting HR, Benefits, Recruitment and Payroll systems
• Lead HRIS related projects as needed and other duties as assigned.
• Maintains current knowledge of privacy laws such as HIPAA and GDPR and ensures data is protected.
Who You Are:
• Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3-6 years of HR and HRIS system experience with proficient knowledge of Human Resources, Benefits and Payroll processes and policy
• Project Management and/or prior HRMS/Human Capital Management implementation experience a plus.
• Experience and expertise with, Payroll, Benefits, Time Tracking, and Absence required; experience with Workday (HCM, Benefits, Payroll, Recruiting), Workday Custom Reporting, and Tableau preferred. Expertise with Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel and Access.
• Requires excellent analytical skills with a demonstrated understanding of the concepts and issues unique to the management of HR data.
• Outgoing, client service-oriented personality with a professional demeanor.
• Requires excellent analytical skills with a demonstrated understanding of the concepts and issues unique to the management of HR data
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail and ability to communicate with non-technical and technical personnel
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to system users and promote team collaboration
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
This position is eligible for overtime: No
Target Salary Range: Boston $96,800 – $124,500 | Los Angeles $96,800 – $124,500 | New York $102,600 – $131,900 | Philadelphia – | San Francisco $108,400 – $139,400 | Santa Monica $96,800 – $124,500 | Silicon Valley $108,400 – $139,400 | Washington DC $96,800 – $124,500