Canada – Ontario – Mississauga
*Please note: this is a 12 Month contract position.
Payroll Module for Canada! If you're passionate about driving accuracy, navigating complexities, and embracing innovative solutions within the realm of payroll systems, this is your opportunity to make a significant impact. Come be a part of shaping the future of payroll optimization at GSK, where your expertise meets a culture of innovation and collaboration!
As a vital member of the Tech Payroll team, you will spearhead the optimization and management of the Workday Payroll Module specifically tailored for Canada. Your role revolves around analyzing, configuring, and maintaining this crucial system in alignment with GSK policies and Workday procedures, ensuring precision and compliance.
Details (Your Responsibilities):
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Module Maintenance: Customize and maintain the Payroll Module to suit organizational payroll needs, ensuring compliance with local regulations and company policies.
- System Analysis: Analyze system configurations based on team queries, identify discrepancies, and resolve issues in collaboration with other Workday product owners.
- Implementing Changes: Introduce system changes, including Workday releases, by meticulously testing and validating new payroll features.
- Issue Resolution: Troubleshoot and resolve Payroll Module-related problems, collaborating closely with the Canadian payroll team and cross-functional units.
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive documentation of payroll module configurations for future reference.
- Process Enhancement: Identify opportunities for process improvements, enhancements, and automation within the payroll module to enhance operational efficiency.
- Integrity & Prioritization: Maintain a high level of integrity while juggling multiple priorities and responsibilities.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BSc/BA in computer science or a related technical discipline.
- Proven experience in payroll administration and configuration within HRIS systems, accompanied by exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 3 or more years of experience in Workday Payroll Module maintenance and SOC environment exposure.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy.
- Solution-oriented thinking with a proactive learning approach.
- Motivation and interest in adopting new technologies.
- Clear and concise technical documentation skills aligned with regulatory agencies and internal GSK policies.
- Commitment to accuracy, quality, and meeting deadlines.
- Sense of urgency, adaptability, and accountability.
- Team player mindset with a willingness to contribute to a collaborative culture.
- Ability to find efficient applications of Workday software.
- Experience with Workday Payroll Module is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian payroll laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at email@example.com. Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.