Guardian Pharmacy Services
Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Guardian Pharmacy is a fast-growing company seeking top talent. We are looking for a team member to join our fast-paced, growing team. We need someone who understands the importance of our challenges, and also has the drive to make an impact as we achieve our goals.
The Staff Accountant role will work closely with Senior Accountants and report directly to the Manager of Financial Reporting & Accounting. The accountant’s responsibilities include ownership and review of financial statements of subsidiaries which consist of reconciling account balances and bank statements, capitalizing fixed assets, booking monthly and quarterly entries to the general ledger, and income statement analysis. This role will also assist in the quarterly reviews and annual audit, among other projects and duties. If you are an enthusiastic hands-on individual who thrives in an exciting fast-paced environment with the potential for an IPO, now is an excellent time to consider joining our team.
• Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
• Leadership – ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
• Relational – ability to build relationships with business unit management and become “trusted advisor”
• Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
• Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
• Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
Essential job functions (include the following):
• Manage the preparation and review of individual financial statements for 8-10 LLCs, including monthly review for accuracy and consistency.
• Perform standard accounting duties such as recording transactions to the general ledger, reconcile accounts, and prepare financial reports
• Perform analytical review on the financial statements to detect variances in budget and prior periods vs actual
• Participate and support monthly financial review calls with local operating unit presidents and executive management.
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures to improve efficiency
• Prepare schedules to assist with external annual audits and quarterly reviews
• Prepare workpapers to assist with due diligence
• Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Education and/or Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in Accounting or Finance is strongly preferred
• MAcc or MBA (preferred, not required)
• CPA track preferred
Skills and Qualifications:
• 2-4 years of hands on accounting experience
• Healthcare industry experience is a plus
• Excellent organization, time management, prioritization skills and ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
• Great attention to detail and accuracy
• Flexible and able to quickly adapt to new systems and the changing needs of a growing business
• Strong Excel stills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
• Great Plains and/or Workday experience is preferred
• Requires up to 10% travel, by air and ground
• Ability to work flexible hours (occasional night & weekend work may be required during quarter/year-end close
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.