As Accounting Manager – Shared Services, you will be responsible for overseeing a variety of Shared Services accounting functions. This includes accounting for capitalized labor, prepaid expenses, leases, fixed assets and intercompany transactions. Additionally, this role is responsible for supporting and advising the team in compliance with US GAAP, the SOX control framework and overseeing the accounting related to shared service operational cost centers including information technology, facilities, legal and more.
Ready to get in the driver’s seat? Join us!
What you’ll do
- Serve as subject matter expert on capitalization of costs in the development of internally developed software.
- Review supporting workpapers, reconciliations, and monthly journal entries to record additions, disposals and depreciation/amortization associated with property, plant and equipment as well as intangible assets and internally developed software.
- Take ownership of SOX compliance including supporting team in adherence to and fulfilling internal audit requests.
- Serve as subject matter expert on ASC 842 and lead the team on accurate accounting and reporting of leases.
- Perform financial statement analysis to articulate fluctuations.
- Seek to be well-informed on company financial transactions and work with team to ensure accurate accounting and financial statement presentation.
- Take an active role in supporting intercompany transactions, including repayments and conversion to subordinated debt.
- Collaborate with Financial Planning & Analysis team to support budgets and forecasts and to explain variances from actual results.
- Implement operational procedures for new acquisitions and initiatives.
- Improve existing processes, embracing an automation mindset leveraging the functionality of Workday ERP system.
- Be flexible and willing to serve as a player or a coach.
- Lead a team of accounting professionals including training, development and mentoring.
This might describe you
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Experience in Public Accounting (6+ years), solid understanding of internal controls and technical accounting, experience auditing or working for publicly traded companies.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Proven ability to collaborate with different levels of employees.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to progress on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Adhere to strict deadlines and be able to communicate status on tasks clearly and concisely.
- Experience with Workday ERP system.
- Proficient in MS Office Products.
Other things to note
- This position can be worked as a remote position within the U.S.
- Familiarity with public company requirements, including Sarbanes Oxley and key regulations, if applicable. For SOX compliant roles, responsible for designing, executing, and documenting internal controls where they have been identified as owners to prevent errors in financial reporting, processes, and business operations. Including attestation to the completeness, accuracy, and compliance of all financial reporting data, where applicable.
Say hello to Hagerty
Hagerty is an automotive enthusiast brand and the world’s largest membership organization for car lovers. Along with being a best-in-class provider of specialty insurance for enthusiasts, Hagerty is also home to DriveShare®, the Hagerty Drivers Foundation, Garage + Social, Hagerty Drivers Club, MotorsportReg and so much more. Committed to saving driving for future generations, each and every thing Hagerty does is dedicated to the love of the automobile.
Hagerty is a rapidly growing company that values a winning culture. We provide meaningful work for, and invest in, every single team member.
At Hagerty, we share the road. We are an inclusive automotive community where all are welcomed, valued and belong regardless of race, gender, age or car preference. We are united by our shared passion for driving, our commitment to preserve car culture for future generations and our desire to make a positive impact in the world.
If you reside in the following jurisdictions: Illinois, Colorado, California, Washington, New York, or Jersey City, New Jersey, British Columbia, Canada please email firstname.lastname@example.org for compensation, comprehensive benefits and the perks that set us apart.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!