Workday Senior Systems Architect
As a Workday Senior System Architect who will be responsible for developing best practices, providing technical guidance, and directing the design of internal architectural patterns and solutions. The Architect role will also partner with key business stakeholders and IT to develop solutions to effectively integrate the Workday platform throughout Hagerty as well as outside vendors. Develop recommendations and provide input for integrating additional applications and services, which will ensure data consistency, integrity, and security protocols are applied. In addition, the Workday System Architect serves as the technical subject matter expert (SME) to ensure standards and patterns are followed. Ready to get in the driver’s seat? Join us! The position reports into the Accounting team and can be worked from any U.S. Hagerty campus or remote.
What you’ll do:
• Partner with Accounting, Treasury, and HR stakeholders to design features for Workday Financials and Workday HCM initiatives and requests.
• Gather requirements and analyze business processes, integrations, and operational functions to identify appropriate solutions or reconfigurations necessary to ensure the Workday tenants are optimally configured and appropriately implemented.
• Mentor, guide, and actively share knowledge among the broader Workday team to effectively manage the quality of solutions provided.
• Coordinate changes with the Workday Finance and Accounting System Analysts as well as the Workday Human Resources System Analysts.
• Assist in managing the design and maintenance of the security set up of the Workday system to ensure access is enabled or limited as appropriate for various domains, roles and groups.
• Keep abreast of Workday trends and new functionality and communicate this information to Hagerty Workday community of users.
• Grow knowledge of the Workday data model, security, integrations, reporting, and data load procedures.
• Evolve solutions to include emerging technologies where appropriate.
• Assist in managing the Production, Sandbox, and Implementation environments by establishing a well-controlled systems environment by defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
• Identify and implement opportunities to automate and streamline Workday system.
• Establish and maintain appropriate naming conventions and system definitions throughout the system (ex: reporting libraries, custom fields, calculated fields, etc.
• Assist with prioritization of Hagerty’s Workday Roadmap.
This might describe you:
• Basic understanding of the following Workday modules: HCM, Financials, Settlements, Recruiting, Benefits, Payroll, Billing, Procurement and Analytics Time Tracking, and Absence.
• Experience working with Workday Tenant Management.
• Ability to design and develop technical solutions that meet business requirements: functional requirements, operational requirements, risk requirements and technology requirements.
• Understanding of integration design, development, implementation, and maintenance.
• Experience in writing documents and executing requirements, design development, and testing.
• Experience with large ERP environment including specific knowledge of financial systems.
• Basic understanding of Workday’s Development Environment (Eclipse/Workday Studio preferable).
• Basic understanding of XML fundamentals.
• Experience with database query languages.
• Experience with XSLT transformation language.
• Experience with FTP/SFTP setup.
• Ability to prioritize (and re-prioritize) as business needs change.
• Experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders.
• Effectively work with all levels of management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer service orientation.
Say hello to Hagerty
Hagerty is an automotive enthusiast brand and the world’s largest membership organization. Along with being a best-in-class provider of specialty insurance for enthusiasts, Hagerty is also home to DriveShare®, the Hagerty Drivers Foundation, Garage + Social, Hagerty Drivers Club, MotorsportReg and so much more. Committed to saving driving for future generations, each and every thing Hagerty does is dedicated to the love of the automobile. Hagerty is a rapidly growing company that values a killer culture. We provide meaningful work for and invest in every single team member.
Hagerty is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hagerty is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this position please visit our Career site at careers.hagerty.com
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!