St. Paul Main Campus
Founded in 1854, Hamline was the first university in Minnesota and among the first coeducational institutions in the nation. Hamline University provides a world-class education for undergraduate and graduate students. Our faculty, staff, and students cultivate an ethic of civic responsibility, social justice, and inclusive leadership and service.
Hamline University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Hamline University does not discriminate on the basis of race; color; religion; creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity; gender expression; national origin; marital status; familial status; status with regard to public assistance; membership or activity in a local human rights commission; disability; age; protected veteran status; or any other status protected by applicable law in its education or employment programs or activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
This position exists to provide financial and budget analysis for the finance office and budget support for other departments on campus. This position focuses on operating and capital budgets, financial analysis and projects, forecasting, long range financial planning and internal data requests.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide financial and budget guidance, support and assistance to administrative and academic units by monitoring and reporting on expense activity and trends. Participate in the development of quarterly and annual forecasts, annual budgets, financial long-range plans (LRP) and financial analysis to support business decisions of university leadership.
- Evaluate historical and current financial data.
- Lead and respond to external surveys and data collection as related to finance.
- Primary analyst on matters related to capital monitoring, analysis and projections.
- Actively participate and on occasion, lead, Workday (enterprise cloud management system) installations, upgrades and changes.
- Prepare benchmarking analysis as requested.
- Participate in financial audits and reporting, including 990 tax returns and other reports as needed.
- Participate in compensation analysis as needed, maintain and project compensation data.
- Monitor expense activity and trends in key budgetary areas.
- Generate ad hoc reports using Workday Report Writer tool.
- All other related duties and responsibilities as requested.
- This position reports to the Vice President for Finance and Administration
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google and Google Apps, Workday Financial/HR Systems.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to learn new systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 4-7 years of business analysis experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in business management with an emphasis on budgeting, financial forecasting and information systems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in use of computer and financial systems software.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to details.
- Financial analytical experience in higher education or non-profit organizations.
WORKING CONDITIONS / EQUIPMENT
Must be able to perform the following essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- This position requires heavy concentration on financial analysis, projections and reporting to ensure accuracy, full documentation and clarity of understanding.
- Ability to work for long periods of time sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- This is a full time, 1.0 FTE exempt position, 12 months per year.
- This position is hybrid eligible.
- This position may require night or weekend work during certain times of the year.
Hamline University does not discriminate on the basis of race; color; religion; creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity; gender expression; national origin; marital status; familial status; status with regard to public assistance; membership or activity in a local commission; disability; age; or protected veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.
All questions marked ‘Required’ need to be answered in order to submit the application. It is important that your application show all of the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. If rejected, you must reapply for the position in order to be considered. A resume or curriculum vitae, a cover letter outlining your qualifications for and interest in the position, contact information for 3 current, professional references, as well as copies of transcripts (if required) must be uploaded with each application.