Corpus Christi, TX
St. Louis, MO
Kansas City, MO
West Palm Beach, FL
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Hanson Professional Services is seeking a dedicated, experienced, and personable Talent Acquisition Specialist to work closely with the HR department and management team with a heavy emphasis on filling positions for the company nationwide. This position can be in any city where we have an office with the potential to be remote for the right candidate. Click HERE for a list of office locations.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is a dynamic, employee-owned consulting firm of more than 400 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, scientific, and allied services throughout the USA.
This position is responsible for facilitating best-in-class sourcing, interview and selection, and onboarding processes. The Talent Acquisition Specialist executes customized recruitment strategies that will support our growth and for developing, driving, and executing on the inclusive staffing programs across all offices as well as drive continuous improvement and increased efficiency.
Our Talent Acquisition Specialist is a natural collaborator with cross-functional teams and ensures success by being a subject matter expert on methodologies for sourcing highly specialized roles within the Civil Engineering Disciplines. The Talent Acquisition Specialist must maintain an exceptional record of recruiting accomplishments, is proactive, and thrives in complex matrixed environments.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Develops recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing levels, and identify qualified candidates through various recruiting tools
- Participates in annual Workforce Planning process
- Meets with managers regularly to develop and execute role-specific recruiting plans
- Takes a proactive approach to sourcing and seeking out active and passive candidates
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university, and community college placement offices and professional associations as sources to generate qualified applicants
- Directs the efforts of employment agencies and search firms, including negotiating and controlling employment-related fees
- Schedules job/career fairs and other recruiting events with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants
- Oversees all aspects of the recruiting life cycle including all applicable laws, processes, and records requirements.
- Researches, analyzes, prepares, and presents hiring and recruiting metrics
- Negotiate wage rates and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates, and gain commitment from candidates for current and future job requirements
- Ensures a positive candidate experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable employment laws
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office required
- Have strong skills to be able to navigate standard HR organizational programs
- Demonstrated proficiency with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) required
- Experience with Workday preferred
- Must be able to communicate complex technical concepts to engineers, clients, candidates and/or public stakeholders
- Must be able to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to problem solve and learn new technical skills
- Proven stakeholder management skills required
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, self-motivated; capable of staying focused without close supervision
- Must be detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field required
- Minimum of five (5) years of recruiting experience in a service-oriented business industry, preferably in the AEC industry working directly with civil engineering disciplines
- Ideal candidate will possess HR certification through SHRM and/or HRCI
Working at Hanson:
- Must be able to collaborate remotely with colleagues in other offices
- Must be willing to work overtime to meet project demands and deadlines when needed
- Must be willing to travel 25% – 30% of the year
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS