United States – Remote
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
The Director, Executive Recruiting will lead a team responsible for executive level recruiting at The Hartford. As a leader in the enterprise Recruiting organization, the Director will regularly partner with senior business leaders, HRBPs, Chief Diversity Officer, Chief Talent Officer, Executive Compensation leader and their teams to define the talent strategy for executive level roles. The Director will be responsible for ensuring the development and implementation of effective executive recruitment plans and strategies for external as well as internal searches.
The Director, Executive Recruiting is expected to bring robust market knowledge to help build an optimal organizational structure and aid in talent decisions with the goal of attracting exceptional leadership talent and driving succession capabilities across the organization. This is an opportunity to lead an accomplished team of recruiters who partner with The Hartford’s senior leaders to aggressively recruit passive candidates to a fast-paced, growing Fortune 500 firm.
- Drive The Hartford’s executive recruiting strategy including directly owning key searches.
- Lead a team of executive recruiters who are responsible for managing client relationships and the entire recruiting lifecycle including the development and implementation of effective recruitment plans and strategies for executive level searches
- Manage search firm relationships, and act as a point of contact for Executive Recruiting tools and technology partners
- Partner with DEI and Enterprise Learning to reinforce leadership capabilities that create attraction & retention of all available talent in the labor force, with a focus on driving results aligned with our 2030 Sustainability Goals
- Engage passive diverse talent not actively looking to make a career change with a view to future openings and to building a trusted relationship with The Hartford
- Inspire and educate recruiters in passive and direct sourcing techniques and seek new methods and innovative solutions to identify and attract prospective candidates and build pipeline of talent that mirrors the market and includes all demographics
- Demonstrated leadership ability in an Executive Recruiting function, ideally with a blend of retained search and in-house corporate executive recruiting expertise
- Experience with Workday and Encore, and an understanding of fundamental recruiting metrics, Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau and using data to tell the story to guide decisions and strategy
- Proven track record of taking a consultative approach to recruiting and client management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to think “outside of the box,” embrace change, and suggest creative, innovative solutions as it relates to the business needs.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, influence management, and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen and a thirst for knowledge of the business.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$128,240 – $192,360
Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That’s why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit https://www.thehartford.com/careers/benefits for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Dir Executive Staffing – HS06EE