Heidrick & Struggles (Nasdaq: HSII) is a premier provider of global leadership advisory and on-demand talent solutions, serving the senior-level talent and consulting needs of the world's top organizations. In our role as trusted leadership advisors, we partner with our clients to develop future-ready leaders and organizations, bringing together our services and offerings in executive search, diversity and inclusion, leadership assessment and development, organization and team acceleration, culture shaping and on-demand, independent talent solutions. Heidrick & Struggles pioneered the profession of executive search more than 70 years ago. Today, the firm provides integrated talent and human capital solutions to help our clients change the world, one leadership team at a time.®
Additional information on the firm can be found at www.heidrick.com.
HR Generalist, Americas
The HR Generalist, Americas will be a member of the HR Americas Search team and support the execution and delivery of human resources programs and services supporting the Executive Search business line. This individual will report to the Director, HR Americas, but also team with other human resources functional leaders and HR Centers of Excellence on various programs, policies and initiatives. The HR Generalist will primarily support the non-consultant employee population relative to policies, procedures, issues and concerns.
- Leverage support across the HR Americas Search team; enabling them to provide more strategic and consultative client services. Assist on aspects of HR related issues including but not limited to recruiting, compensation, employee relations matters, benefits, global mobility and talent management.
- In close collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team, create and seek approvals for job requisition requests, send offer letters and help adjudicate background checks.
- Facilitate non-consultant onboarding and logistics, working closely with hiring managers and practice leaders for a seamless experience.
- Lead the offboarding for non-consultants by sending them departure information and conducting exit interviews; analyze and share feedback as necessary as well as report on attrition data for senior leadership.
- Oversight for Workday employees transactions: communicating transaction requests, tracking approvals for timely payment and pulling Workday reports.
- Assist in the performance management process which includes mid-year check-ins, year-end talent reviews and regional preparation meetings for both.
- Support the annual compensation process through salary planning and bonus administration with senior leadership; excel reporting as needed to ensure equity across groups.
- Administration of the annual promotion process; seek references, evaluations and approvals; consolidate all information for senior leadership’s review.
- Serve as a central point for reporting on HR metrics (such as attrition, Peakon data, employee information, etc) and consolidate data into a presentable format for management.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Human Resources, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Proven understanding of core HR business practices, processes, and terminology.
- Knowledge of local employment laws.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-performing, and client focused environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusting relationships with team members and key stakeholders.
- Operate with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Intermediate Excel skills required, advanced skills preferred.
- Proven experience in providing high levels of client service internally or externally.
Familiarity with Workday preferred (or similar HRIS platform.)
Heidrick & Struggles is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or citizenship status.