At H&P, our people are our strength.
The Senior Manager, Benefits is responsible for the development and implementation of innovative benefit programs that maintain H&P’s competitive positioning and create a positive impact on the wellbeing of its employees. This position also oversees effective and successful relationships with our program vendors and consultants, and effectively interacts and engages with the HRBPs, HR Support Center, HR Leadership Team, Finance, Legal and senior business leaders. In addition, the Senior Manager, Benefits oversees the communication, change management of these programs, and establishes the appropriate governance framework to ensure compliance. This position reports to the Director of Total Rewards and leads and develops a team of four Benefits professionals.
- Manages employee, vendor, and broker relationships including benefit inquiries, complaints, and issues to ensure prompt, equitable, and courteous resolution.
- Manages various employee benefits programs, including medical, dental, life, disability, vision, retirement plans, health and flexible spending accounts, employee assistance programs, adoption assistance, COBRA, Leave of Absence, 401(k) and pension retirement.
- Designs, proposes, and implements specifications for new benefit plans/programs or modifications to existing plans/programs to maintain H&P’s competitive position in market.
- Partners with benefits broker to deliver recommendations supported by analysis and best practices, ensuring alignment with H&P and HR strategy.
- Manages the benefits budget, including forecast adjustments, variance explanations, reporting, and cost management.
- Reviews and evaluates plan documents and materials to ensure appropriate provisions and coverage.
- Manages leaves of absences program for company time-off programs in accordance with internal policy and applicable laws.
- Supports the benefit plan strategy, coordination, implementation, and ongoing administration for employees on international assignments.
- Responsible for ongoing and annual maintenance of employee benefit files and all carrier, vendor, and plan files and transmissions.
- Ensures compliance with international, federal, state, and local benefit laws and regulations, ensuring that all filing and regulatory requirements are met. Executes all proposed, new, and existing regulations pertaining to the administration of employee benefit programs.
- Designs, reviews, and updates benefits communications, including online materials for the Employee Self-Service, intranet, microsite, and website plus chat functionality BOT feature.
- Consistently demonstrates organizational health principles in leadership and ensures healthy team dynamics.
- Actively builds the professional and business acumen of team members.
- Prepares for and participates in Benefit Committee and Board of Director meetings, as needed. Additionally supports the creation of the annual CD&A and Sustainability Report.
- Demonstrates the H&P Company Values: Actively C.A.R.E., Service Attitude, Innovative Spirit, and Teamwork
- Typically requires 10+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years successfully managing a team of direct reports.
- Experience designing, implementing, and administering of an array of benefit plans/programs supporting employees, executives and retirees.
- Experience with identifying, selecting, and managing vendors, including the development of RFIs and RFPs and the ability to incorporate necessary technical requirements into contracts.
- Strong working knowledge of IRS, DOL, ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, COBRA, FMLA, and various other regulations that impact H&P’s benefit programs
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced certification (CEBS, SHRM) a plus.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Workday and Power BI a plus.
- Strong financial and quantitative skills, ability to use data analysis to proactively derive insights and support fact-based decision making.
- Ability to partner and influence across HR and with business leaders; and to build relationships, collaborate and influence outcomes
- Ability to build business cases to obtain support from the HR leadership team and key business stakeholders
- Effective communicator at all levels with a strong customer service focus
- Understands and embraces technology and has demonstrated experience delivering benefit programs and participant communications using various digital platforms
- Ability to apply rigorous performance analytics, establish processes that analyze and measure the ongoing effectiveness of various benefit programs/initiatives, and course correct as needed
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and influence strategy and gain alignment with key stakeholders; persuasive with excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
Successful Candidate Key Attributes
- Inquisitive nature, seeks to understand, verify, and improve
- Ensures accountability for oneself and others
- Fosters trust within team and with external teams
- Collaborative and engaged team member
- Seeks feedback for growth and development
- Results oriented
- Committed to inclusion and diversity
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!