Houston, Texas, United States of America
HR Workday Talent System Analyst
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress.
The HR Workday Talent System Analyst will partner with HR Talent Centers of Excellence. Manage mid-size and large pan-HPE talent projects and work requests in teams with other analysts. They will map pre-defined business requirements to system capabilities, identify gaps and recommend technical solutions. Additionally, they will design and configure solutions primarily in Workday, as well as lead project implementation (enhanced functionality and process improvements) and engage vendors on support issues. They will analyze and improve business process workflows and develop use cases, test cases, customer scenarios, and system demos. They will plan, coordinate and perform testing of newly developed or enhanced applications, document current and future state business processes, and document change requests and create troubleshooting guides. Finally, they will provide day-to-day operational support for HPE learning systems and applications.
- Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analysis in an effort to align system solutions with talent business initiatives.
- Work with HR Talent Centers of Excellence and business users to define and analyze problems and align the most appropriate technical, application or configuration solutions.
- Consider the business implications or the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Solicit, develop, document and manage business and technical requirements and provide detailed design and business rules to support the requirements throughout the talent life cycle
- Partner with internal customers and vendors, examining complex issues or concerns to find a long term solution, both process and system related.
- Develop detailed implementation plans and update project plans
- Design and configure solutions
- Document processes, procedures, or new approaches.
- Write and review system test plans and system test modules before implementation.
- Work cooperatively with business analysts to ensure all processes are fully tested.
- Provide initial assessment of change requests and system issues and partner with IT as necessary to troubleshoot or correct problems.
- Communicate issues or outages to the users.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Workday Talent Systems Administration Experience
- Workday System Configuration and Deployment Experience (preferably in the Talent space: Learning, Core Talent, Recruiting, Performance Management)
- Knowledge of system architectures and software development methodologies.
- Analytical skills – the ability to synthesize change quickly using subject and process knowledge.
- Independent problem solving – ability to articulate issues across projects and the business.
- Collaborate with other members of the HR organization to bring about solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communications with the ability to tailor communications appropriately to the audience.
- Strong business analysis skills.
- Business and technical specification writing experience.
- Knowledge of policies, programs and procedures.
- Familiarity with learning web applications
- Experience with ERP Systems and/or Point Solutions in the Talent space (preferably Workday)
- Expert use of Microsoft Visio, Excel and Project.
Education and Experience Required:
- Undergraduate degree with a focus on Computer Science, Information Systems, Human Resources and 7+ years relevant work experience.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.