USA – WA – Kent
With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of advance composite materials, including carbon fiber, woven reinforcements, resins, prepregs, honeycombs and additive manufactured parts. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a HR Specialist to join the dynamic HR team located at their Kent, WA site. The HR Specialist will be a key player in providing efficient HR related customer service to all employees of the Kent, WA facility and interface with almost every area of the operation in support of business objectives. Hexcel Kent has a great culture and a committed workforce that makes this role truly a pleasure! If you are someone who thrives on challenges and building relationships, this position is for you!
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Provide support for HR department and its customers. Build and maintain a positive relationship with all customers of the HR department.
- Provides HR support to the hourly recruitment process. Prescreens candidates, sets up interviews and participates with supervisors in the hiring process. Administers all aspects of the pre-employment process (pre-employment drug screens and physicals, background checks, etc.) to include offering process.
- Assist in the interpretation, administration and communication of benefit programs, Collective Bargaining Agreement, and other employee relations policies to help ensure consistency with Federal, State and Local employment regulations, and Corporate and Local employment practices.
- Maintain Human Resources employee record system (HRIS). Keep accurate personnel records of employees in compliance with federal, state and local governmental regulatory requirements. Maintain job descriptions, benefits, training and HR files, including the electronic upload of files to Workday.
- Maintain Plant communication mediums to ensure accurate and timely communication of company benefits, policies, and general news announcements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of human resources experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to create reports in Excel including the pivot tables, macros and formulas.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with HRIS system maintenance. Workday experience preferred. Experience with time keeping and attendance systems. ADP/eTime experience preferred.
All applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment or receive a medical or sincerely held religious belief exemption from vaccination from the company prior to the start of their employment.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.