It’s rewarding to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE and have a passion for what they do.
Since 1948, Highway Transport has been a chemical tanker trucking company with a reputation rooted in family and tradition. What makes Highway Transport a choice employer? We hire top talent in the industry to join our team and invest in resources to support career advancement. Highway Transport offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including Paid Time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Company-paid Life Insurance and a 401(K).
The Benefits and LOA Specialist will be responsible for providing exceptional support and customer service to all employees and managers as needed in areas such as benefits, leave administration, and other general HR support.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer all company benefit programs, including health and welfare plans, retirement plans, leaves of absence, wellness program, and voluntary benefits
- Provides new-hire benefits orientation and education sessions.
- Completes benefits surveys and reviews information obtained from the results. Analyzes complex benefits information. Forecasts trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develops specific recommendations for review by management.
- Handles benefit inquiries and concerns to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Researches and responds to complex questions and advises and counsels management and employees on existing benefits.
- Frequently drafts various benefit communications and ensures legally required communications are up-to-date and distributed appropriately
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Leads with the open enrollment process.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ACA
- Assists in the management of third-party vendor contracts & performance. Assures vendors are meeting contractual and performance expectations.
- Prepare and deliver LOA process training to Management
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Support HR Team by assisting with HR processes, functions, and projects as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in HR preferred.
- Experience with Workday software preferred.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities in a changing environment
- Detail oriented and strongly committed to achieving excellence
- Exemplary ethics and integrity to maintain confidential information.
- Success in fast-paced environments working independently and on a team.
- High sense of urgency, customer-service driven, and team player mentality.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to complex issues
- Computer proficiency and advanced technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint; experience with HRIS and benefits databases.
- Foundational knowledge of HR, including compliance requirements and benefits
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Majority of time will be spent in an office environment.
Commitment to Responsible Care®: Highway Transport’s Quality Driven Delivery Management System policy has been developed by the company’s senior management and serves as a visible commitment to ensuring the health and safety of our employees and contractors, protecting the environment and minimizing the impact of our operations on the roadways which we travel and the areas where we manage terminal facilities. Highway Transport shall comply with its Safety, Health, Environmental and Security Policy and Programs, Department of Transportation Regulations, applicable OSHA and EPA/State environmental regulations and applicable local regulations.